Spring Break - Where Are You Going Fishing At in Kansas?

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by cat daddy 791, Mar 16, 2006.

1. cat daddy 791

cat daddy 791 New Member

State:
    Kansas- Wichita
    Just Thought I Would See What Everyone Else Had Planned For Spring Break. Taking The Kids Or Grand Kids Fishing? I Know The Weather Forecast Doesn't Look To Good For This Weekend. But We Sure Need The Rain To Help Our Water Systems Get Back On Track. My Boy Wants To Hit The Water This Weekend. He Got Some New Equipment For His Birthday That He Wants To Try Out. He Just Turned 10 On Tuesday. Finally In The Double Digit Age Group. He Is So Excited. Things Were So Much Fun At That Age. Here Is A Couple Of His Catches From Last Year.

ATT00002.jpg

ATT00038.jpg

ATT00091.jpg

2. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    well i have already been to the truman lake dam for 2 days and tomorrow(friday) i think barbel and i are going out to lake olathe. and thats about it. i have already gone to lake olathe but i didnt catch anything

3. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Yeah, I went to Truman Lake with him. Water seemed to be a little cold for anything much to bite. I caught my first white bass. I was hoping for my first blue cat too, but that never happened :( No shad were to be found, so we had to use frozen/dink baits. Livers, shrimp, worms, and frozen shad were all we had. Found some nice bait stores though ;)

4. cat daddy 791

cat daddy 791 New Member

State:
    Kansas- Wichita
    Hang In There Guys. The Water Will Be Warming Up Soon Enough. The Activity Should Start To Pick Up In A Couple Of More Weeks. Once The Pre - Spawn Feeding Frenzy Hits, It Should Keep You Pretty Busy For A While. Hopefully You Guys Will Start To Catch Some Better Sized Fish. Be Sure To Take A Camera And Keep Posting About Your Catches. Good Luck To All!

5. CatfishSam

CatfishSam New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Anybody been on the kaw lately?