Spring Break in SC

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Blacky, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Hello all!

I plan on going to Santee-Cooper the first week in April.

What can I expect to catch from the bank in April?

Can anyone recommend any hotel/lodging?

Can anyone recommend anywhere to fish?

Any help will make my trip more pleasureable and fun.

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Site rules dont permit guide talk.Just do a Santee guide search and a bunch will pop up.As far as lodging Blacks Camp, Canal Lakes and Hills Landing are good.You couldnt pay me to stay at Harrys again.I'll leave it at that.

3. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    If you are not looking to stay in a fish camp, check out the Santee state park (do a web search for SC state parks and look for the Santee state park) it is on lake Marion a few miles above I95. They have nice cabins on the lake (real good price) and a fishing pier, boat ramp, etc. The cabins book up in advance. Call and see if anything is available.

4. ToonCat

ToonCat New Member

State:
    Tega Cay SC
    I suggest if you're strictly going to be bank fishing, stay at either Canal Lakes or Hills Landing. They're both on the Diversional canal and you can fish off the bank there 24/7 if you want. April's not a bad time for some night flathead action. Good Luck!!

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Being an outta towner and never stepping foot in the state of SC, what would you guys suggets? I want to catch a blue catfish, try for some bass, and fish for panfish.

Can you get striped bass in the canal area.

Thank you for the useful info guys. I will start making reservations by the end of the week.

6. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Years back I stayed at a place on Marion that had round cabins out on a pier with a small floating dock attached for to park your boat.
    Caught more than a few real nice cats right out the front door after the days fishing on the lake.
    Nothing like a night of fishing after a day of fishing! LOL!

Can't remember the name of the place, but as I recall it was pretty nice.
    Perhaps someone on here knows the name?

7. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    If your gone do some bank fishing the Rediversion Canal is one of the best places to do it.Its located in St. Stephens, its about a 20 minute ride from Canal Lakes and Hills Landing.Just ask the locals and they will point you toward it.If you stay at either of those places you can also fish in the diversion canal as mentioned before.For me the rediversion canal has always been better, its got miles and miles of clear shoreline and the American Shad and Ocean run Herring will be comin threw there pretty heavy so the fishin should be good.You also dont have to worry about boat traffic because most of that canal is off limits for boats.

8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    thanks for the good info chrisblue.

REdiversion canal in St. Stephen right?

I will check it out.

Any lodging around there?

9. REELFUN

REELFUN New Member

State:
    SC
    I think there is an Econo-Lodge in St. Stephen. It would be about a mile or less from the Rediversion Canal. I have caught bass and catfish there in the past. Take Hwy 52 over the canal then take the first right and go to the end of the road. Park there and you will have to walk a little way to the canal. Good Luck!

10. REELFUN

REELFUN New Member

State:
    SC
    The directions from the town would be Hwy 52 west. Cross the canal. Take first right onto Pinetree Drive. Go to the end and turn left onto Imperial Drive. You can park there and you will see the canal.

11. WhiskerSticker40

WhiskerSticker40 New Member

State:
    SC
    The place Danzig is referring to is more than likely Santee State Park. The cabins that are out on the pier are great. Several years back we stayed there and caught several nice fish off of the pier. We actually set the poles on the railing near the door of the cabin and actually around the back of the cabin in the shallower water. We had a blast. They also have daytime boat rentals but what size and details, I cannot say. The contact info is: http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/park-finder/state-park/535.aspx and the phone number is 1-803-734-0156 or the toll free reservation number for all of SC State Parks is 1-866-345-PARK (7275). Hopefully this helps. The website I listed above is just for Santee State Park and it shows one of the Cabins that is on the water. The water actually surrounds the entire cabins. Good Luck!

12. JACKSON

JACKSON New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    There is some really great night fishing at the rediversion canal . There is some good fishing down on the Santee river at Arrow Head Landing on hwy 45 out of ST Stephens towards Alvin also. Good Luck and Tight Lines

13. sailfish218

sailfish218 New Member

State:
    SC
    Canal would be my choice, although the State park is not bad

14. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Beware of the Alligators.

Although attacks are rare they do still happen and gators are plentiful at Santee. Pier fishing is a good choice at night.

15. extremecatfishing

extremecatfishing New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    blacky, e mail me. i would love to put you on some big cats....

16. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Guys,

I will be there July 1 to 5. I am staying at the Econo-Lodge in St. Stephens. I have never even stepped foot in the state of South Carolina and being from Philadelphia, I'm not very familiar with this area.

If any of you BOC brothers would like to help me out and suggest some places or spots to fish, it would make my trip alittle more enjoyable. My main goal is to catch a blue cat.

You can call me at (215) 760-5576

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from some of you brothers.

17. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Just want to thank that certain individual who took time out of this saturday afternoon and called me. We talked for over a hour and a half! It was a very pleasant surprise to hear from you. Thank you for all the information you gave me and I will definitely use your tips and suggestions. Your informations will be integral in the sucess of our trip.

Acts like this from kind people is the reason why the BOC is #1 in my BOOK!
    It will be an honor to come fish in the state of South Carolina.

Thank you , dude! I owe you one!

I CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    By the way, what other species of fish can I run into a the rediversion canal?