Spring 06 Indiana fishing reports

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by river scum, Apr 1, 2006.

1. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    hey guys drop a post as to how your fishing is heating up.

we are warming up in the northern part here. i fish the cedarvill res. this time of year. now we are getting some channel cats. the fish are located on the edge of bays with inflowing creeks. storms are dropping them off into the channel but they still bite. we have caught them on danny kings and tacker's sewer bait. both. on bottom and floated around the flats has been the tactic of choice.

good luck indiana brothers n drop off a report for us to read. i hope to have a flathead report sometime in the near future,the rivers at 52*;) .

2. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Fished Shafer and one pond this week. Water temp in Shafer 47. Caught small gills under docks at about 7' while cating. No cats. The water is getting warmer!
    Bill

3. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    A good buddy and I are headin' south to fish White River. White River near Centerton is currently 55 degrees, and should at least remain over 50 into tomorrow morning. Water levels are up again from yesterday's heavy rains in central IN, so it could be a decent trip. We shall see.

4. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Caught this 3 pound channel at Waverly boat ramp last night on live goldfish in an eddy. Had one that got away. Fished Henderson Ford boat ramp in Martinsville for over 4 hours with not even a bite. Tried shad guts, live goldfish and chicken liver. Water temp around 50. Gonna try Spencer next week, hoping for bigger and better results.

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    caught a few more channels today but got rained out. nothin worth takin a pic of but better than diong dishes. lol

baitfish: i herd the eyes are turning on at oakdale brother. better get over there bud!

keep those reports comin guys n thx

6. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    Fished a tournament sat on the Ohio River. I caught a smaller channel and my partner caught three small ones too. The fish are very unpredicatable and hard to find right now.

7. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    I fished the Ohio River below the Newburgh Dam saturday night from 8-3am, caught one 7 1/2lb channel and a 1/2 pound channel. Water was on the rise and the air temp was around 45-50 at night. Caught the channels on cut skipjack. I seen other guys catching small channels on shrimp. I fished during the day in downtown evansville and didnt catch a thing.

8. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Fished the White River south of Martinsville Saturday night and into Sunday. The river was up and conditions werent favorable. Many logs, sticks, and general trash were floating downstream so it was hard to tell when you had a bite. Fished with cut skipjacks and nightcrawlers and only landed 2 fish. Had a really nice one (would guess a blue) but it broke my line when it ran under some timber. The bite should be on now, once the river goes down. Anyway...here is a couple pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    rained good this time and i herd tell of an ohio member catchin a couple of flaties. im off to get bait!!!!!! :p

10. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Haven't gotten a cat yet this year, but I have got a few nice carp, and I've caught several nice bass, one being around 3 1/2lbs. Mostly been doing really well for crappies.

11. mperry

mperry New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm not for sure where everyone is from. I live in Scottsburg. Anyone ever fished any tournaments at Coomers lake near Henryville? I did not make it there last year but I heard that it was closed. Wondering if anyone knew anything about it.
    Mike

12. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    I took my 3 year old out last night to the neighborhood pond. There are supposed to be cats in there but we didn't catch any. It sure was fun though!!! My boy never stopped jabbering about catfish & stinkbait & stars. He said we'll catch catfish next time!

13. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    A friend of mine told me that he fished Deam Lake near Borden and caught four cats. Two 10#, one 6# and one about 3#. He was using shrimp about four feet off the bottom and close to the bank.

14. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Coomers has changed their name to Clearview. New owners have bought it. Here is some info from another board:
    ClearView Pay Lakes
    (formerly Coomer's)
    812-595-3623
    This lake is now open, and some big ones are being caught. It has been re-stocked with some of those jumbo blues and flatheads. It is $12 for 12 hours or $18.00 for 24 hours and $2.00 for extra pole.
    They did say that they had moved the fish around and are not going to mess with the other lakes at the current time until they get things straightned out.
    They did stock the small lake which is now the keeper lake with 1000 lbs. of channel cats last week.
    They did stock the big lake, now the trophy lake with several blue cats last week between 40 to 52 lbs.
    He stated that most of the cats in there now are blue cats and not many flatheads. He has ordered a shipment of jumbo flatheads and is due in sometime next month.
    They are going to have some fishing pools or contest with a $50.00 jackpot on Holiday weekends, and depending on business maybe at other times.
    As far as the 100 lb. catfish, he said he hasn't ever seen it and wonders if it had died. He said he was sceptical about it ever being there and said if it was it might have died soon after it was stocked. I kind of think he had heard some stories about it.
    He did go on to say that he knows for sure that there are many fish in the 50 to 60 lb. range in the lake, and the bigg'est he has seen was a 56 lber.
    They are still moving some fish from one lake to the other, so it is possible that there are some monsters that they hav'ent found yet. He did say that the blues have been biting and flatheads are still awefully slow.
    They are making a website, it is under construction and will be up at a later date.

15. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    funny how boys just cant stop talkin about stink bait eh. lol

i wonder, if they (pay lakes) will tell you where the fish came from in the keeper ponds,so a person knew what was in the fish he was eating?

16. dg775577

dg775577 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I went to Clearview late last summer to check the place out. Did not fish, was out cruising on my bike. The place looked run down but I think the new owner is trying to fix it up and make a go of it.
    I went to Marysville lake once last year and caught a couple nice fish. I plan on going there again soon. They have a website, www.marysvillelake.com.

I am interested in fishing Hardy Lake this year. What can you tell me about where is the best place on Hardy to fish from the bank?

17. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    still getting the channels at cedarvill res. its time to start chaseing flaties though now.

Attached Files:

18. iccats

iccats New Member

State:
    morgantown, Indiana
    i caught one small cat last saturday on liver, but thats about it.

19. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Fished the canal today near Broad ripple...caught this nice 6lb channel:

Attached Files:

20. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    Went fishing saturday on the Ohio. I caught three channels..probably about 3#, 1.5#, and 2.5#, my fishing partner caught a 6# blue. I don't know about you guys but it looks like they are spread out, and several other people have said the same thing. Good luck everyone.