Spray on bedliner

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by kkyyoottee, Aug 29, 2007.

1. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am thinking of having my whole truck sprayed with this stuff. I am wondering if it would rust? I dont know if dampness would occur. Any thoughts?

2. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I haven't seen or heard of a whole truck being painted only the beds. If no rust was in the bed it seals it up good. Only way for rust to get to the bed then was from the underside. Good undercoating was seal that too.

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    i've seen plenty of hunting vehicles & 4x4's sprayed with this stuff & they are nearly bullet proof not to mention they look cool. i've even seen a brand new bronco in 1996, last year of production, coated the entire body of the truck & still see it come in for service now & then looking like it did the way he left so i'm sure it lasts a long time. of course he did the entire truck top & bottom

4. kingneck76

kingneck76 New Member

State:
    Jeff City MO
    I had a friend back home do his truck 2 tone with the rhino lining. looks cool, and is bulletproof.

5. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It would make the truck a whole lot heavier than what it already is and body panels would buckle under the weight of the liner. I know alot of guys that have thier rocker panels done but thats it...

6. chevyjames37

chevyjames37 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    My brother and I sprayed an 85 astro van with speedliner! It will keep its shine with very little work! We only put on a layer about 1/8" thick. Speedliner stays shiny unlike rhino linings which dull over time and look pretty crappy. At an 1/8" thick, it is not that heavy, and no panels have buckled or any problems whatsoever. And you can color match Speedliner with automotive paint pigments to get the desired color! Not just the basic colors. I loaded up a couple pics of our astro van with the speedliner coating! The bumpers were alson covered with black speedliner. As far as cleaning, A can or two of tire foam and your done!! If you want any more info on speedliner let me know!!

Attached Files:

7. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    That baby looks cool!!!:big_smile:

8. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill

James tell me more about this speed liner.

9. chevyjames37

chevyjames37 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    The best way to describe this is for you to go to the website! They use this stuff on everything from intake systems on F-16 fighter jets, to deep sea oil drilling platforms! this stuff is tough!! There should be a dealer close to you, and the price will be a lot less than rihno linings!! I as a mechanic, can get everything I need, including the equipment to spray it on, with enough material to do several bedliners for less than $1000.00. Compare that to the averege rhino lining that costs $700.00 for a black liner!! Check out the link. Im sure you will like what you see!!

http://www.speedliner.com/bed-liner-dealers/dealer_locator.html

10. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    a truck sprayed with that stuff would basically be bullet proof. I had it sprayed in my f150s bed about a year ago and under the mud and dirt it looks brand new:big_smile:
    it might be a great choice for a primarily offroad vehicle, since you would have to worry about dents, dings here and there, or stratch in the paint