spray bedliner on whole truck?

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by catfishsolich, Feb 8, 2008.

1. catfishsolich

catfishsolich New Member

State:
    kentucky,metcalfe county
    im planning on doing alot of work to my 88 F150 this spring. im rebuilding the motor, adding a 2 inch body lift,front leveling kit. I'm also putting on a flatbed and painting the cab. I drive in the woods alot and my cab is all scratched up down both sides so i was thinking about just painting the truck with bedliner so i wouldnt have to worry about the paint. anyone ever tried this or seen it done? thanks,Chris

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    We had a guy paint an old bronco like that. He used two diff colors like black & tan to make it look like an Eddie Bauer edition. Looked really good

3. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    A guy posted a picture on here a while back who had sprayed his whole astrovan with red liner. It actually had a shine to it.

4. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    WORKS GOOD TAPE IT UP LIKE YOU WERE GOING TO PAINT IT AND LET ER FLY :wink:

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I got a buddy who owns a liner shop. He has a z71 entirely coated and it looks good. Real good actually. Told me even if a fender rusted out you would never tell it. It's tough stuff.

6. ShannonLane4

ShannonLane4 Member

State:
    TN
    I didnt do the outside but i did do the inside of my k5 blazer

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    is it dent resistant?lol i should try it. heck. i would say do it and undercoat with rubberized undercoating. rust would be ticked off at you.

8. catfishsolich

catfishsolich New Member

State:
    kentucky,metcalfe county
    thanks guys it seems like a good plan i guess now i need to decide on a brand any suggestions?

9. Sledge Hammer

Sledge Hammer New Member

State:
    Kansas
    yes i have seen this done. A very good freind did it to his toyota it looks very cool.BUT what ever flaws you have in yer truck will show up so if you would like it to look very nice make sure all body work is done. i would use eveloution bed linner. So fare I think it is the best out there at this time and is lite weight

10. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The good bed liners are pretty pricey. I've got cheap version that is coming off 3 years later. If you are going to spend that type of money I'd get one of the cool looking camo paint jobs I've seen.

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    the man i spoke of is a rhino dealer and i'm not familiar with other brands. His has been on there a few years and still looks good. It has sort of a wrinkle finish, not smooth

12. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Around here a Rhyno bedliner costs $300+ and that's just for a bed.

13. catman47274

catman47274 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Sounds like a good idea!

14. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You might want to upgrade to a big block. That stuff's kinda heavy. lol

15. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    wish they had that stuff when I used to mountain bike alot. Them rocks on steep downhills werent that friendly to me.