Spottin jug lines

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by slabmaster, Feb 22, 2006.

1. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i use reflective tape around the top of my jug lines. i like to use a strip of red haalf way aroud jug aand a strip of white around the other half. sometimes you will get smaller channels without seeing any real action from the jug. when they sstart sspinning trying to get of the different reflective tapes is a dead give away for fish on.

2. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    What kind of tape do you use, and where do you get it.

3. fraid_knot

fraid_knot Guest

Good ol Wally World has reflective tape. Back in the automotive section. White and Red. I use it on my pole tips an my jugs an bout anything i gotta see at night.

4. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That sounds like a really good idea.

5. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Yah, the reflective tape on the tips of the rods is a great idea! Sometimes when I use the glow sticks they get in the way of my line, and I would hate to lose a fish because of that.:sad: I've never set jug lines before, but it sounds like a pretty cool way to fish. I've set limb lines and trot lines but never jug lines, I might have to try that.

6. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    at times i tie my juglines off just to be safe and i usually put reflective tape on the jug

7. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    I use DOT-approved reflective tape -- it's the red and white strips you see on the sides of semi trailers, etc. - don't know if Wally World carries that type or not as I got mine at a farm supply. It wasn't cheap either but I ended up cutting the 2" wide strips down to maybe 1/2" or so, which gave me a lot more pieces for my jugs.

It's incredibly good tape -- reflects brightly in just the least little bit of light.

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Most definetly - Tractor Supply CO. It sales like $36.00 for a 10' roll, if I remember right. But it sure marks your jugs good. At that expense, I'll probalby use cement blocks to anchor the jug. LOL

9. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    ifound that the stickers we have at work work the best for making jugs visiable ill post a pic of it maby i will be able to make it avalbile

10. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i get my reflective tape at wally world. automotive section . i use 2 or 3 liter pop bottles for jugs and this tape sticks really well to them . i cant recall ever looseing any tape. i dont tie my jugs to trees oor rocks , i like for them to drift with current or wind.

11. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Not sure where I read it, maybe in the Field & Stream "tips" section, but a while back I read that you should paint your jugs black of all colors, and it supposedly makes them easier to spot. That may be only when the sun is out though and I personally have never seen a black jug so I don't know how well it works, but I figure there might be something to it, or they wouldn't have put it in the tips. Just thought I would pass that along anyway.