Spots on the Mon

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by bigworm77, Apr 22, 2008.

1. bigworm77

bigworm77 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Hello everyone. I'm a new member and new the the Monessen/Charleroi area. I wanted to know if anyone can give me some ideas on where to bank fish. I dont want to tread on any private proprerty unknowingly. Also I'm about a mile from lock 4 on the Mon, does anyone know what side is better to fish and how to access it? Thanks.

2. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Welcome to the BOC Wayne..Someone will be along to help you out before too long.

3. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA
    Welcome to the BOC Wayne i fish the Elizabeth parts of the Mon not sure on your area but im sure someone will chime in :smile2:

4. webster_catman

webster_catman New Member

State:
    webster
    im not to far from monesson, although i dont really fish in monesson or choleroi. i do know a few spots though, in monesson behind the health complex that used to be giant eagle there is a boat launch you can fish from that also has some barges. i fished there one time with some pretty good luck. the few times i fished by the locks i always fished on the choleroi side. ive had some good luck there the few times i fished there. good luck

5. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome Wayne Fish on the Monesson Side Above the locks not far from there if you ever have some time walk the tracks around there. I think there is a bar you can park at. Get on the tracks and head towards the locks you will see piers out in the water there is actually a set of steps to one of them. All i can say if you find this area fish it It is good fishing. I normaly dont give out spots but it is just to far for me to fish.