spots on shore

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Vacatfisher, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Vacatfisher

Vacatfisher New Member

i dont have a boat of my own and do alot of fishing from shore on the james.im not interested in places i can catch little fish....im looking for areas that produce cats 20+ pounds.....im looking for areas that are open at night and have plenty of room to cast 12 foot rods...appomattox and james rivers are near me....anyone got any ideas?????thanks in advance for any help

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    So ya don't want to catch little fish and ya ain't got a name either. Then my suggestion to you would be to get out there and find a spot yourself. Do the work,reap the benefits.

3. Vacatfisher

Vacatfisher New Member

my name is chris storrs, and i cant go looking around for spots as im only 14 and cant drive, and my parents arent gonna drive me around for a few hours up and down the rivers to help me look...I just tell them where i want to go and if they can they drop me off....Im not looking for a anyones secret hole but does anyone know of a public pier or boat ramp that allows fishing at night????...my old place to fish was at henricus park but that pier is gone now and the only other place ive found to fish in the park is where you get snagged on every single cast

4. Bluecathunter

Bluecathunter New Member

State:
    Midlothian, Virginia
    Try Deep Bottom Ramp. They have a floating dock and a henrico police will patrol regulary. I have personally weighed cats for folks at that dock over fifty pounds that were caught off the dock.

5. Vacatfisher

Vacatfisher New Member

thanks bluecathunter ill give it a try....