Spots Near Modesto?

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by RobotCatfish, Mar 12, 2009.

1. RobotCatfish

RobotCatfish New Member

State:
    California
    I'm headed out to the Modesto area and got a free fishin' pass from the wife for all of Saturday. I would bring my 12' aluminum, but it looks like there are a couple others that got the free fishin' pass for that day too (couple friends wife's are going to the same baby shower in Modesto - We are from San Jose) Anyhow, Long story short... Looking for a decent spot from shore where we can hook up with some kitties, striper or even sturgeon. Last time I was out in the area I went out by highway 132 by two rivers and rocked the kitties and line sides... but got a traspassing ticket too. Don't want to relive that chapter. Any ideas? Prefer to hit the river(s).

Thanks Brothers!

-Robert

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey Robert......Lloyd is from Modesto and should chime in here. I am down in Fresno. If you aint doing anything April 17-19 were having a gathering down here. You welcome to bring folks. Camping boat launch is all free. It is an old time riverbank campfire catfishing get together.

Good to see ya back. Look forward to your post.

3. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    I used to live in San Jose myself. Have you ever tried Tracy? There is fishing off of Grant Line Rd and Tracy blvd. I believe it is the 205 that runs through Tracy. You would have to take the 680 N to 580 E and it will eventually turn into the 205. When you get to Tracy head north (towards hwy 4) on Tracy blvd out into the country. A few miles out will be a store on your left hand side with a little country bar next to it.(There is bait at this store) Make a left at the store and just follow that road all the way back until you find the water. It is very easy to find. I have caught a ton of cats back there from 2-14lbs. I even caught a 20lb carp back there. Not sure about the linesides as it is just a run off of the delta. Good luck and if you ever head out that way and need directions just post and let me know. Or if you would like to come out to Fresno for the Mendota Gathering you are more than welcome. Good folks from all over the state. Take it easy.

Sean!

4. RobotCatfish

RobotCatfish New Member

State:
    California
    So I went out with my dad and a couple friends to 2 Rivers RV park out in Manteca. Not much out there. Got out there around 9:30am (had to do a couple "honey do's" before I ran out there) Anyhow, got there at 9:30 and stayed until about 1. Not a bite. Guys coming in on boats were coming in empty handed as well. Time to move - Tried right off of highway 132. Got a couple bites, but nothing to write home about - the shad I was using as bait was probably bigger than what was nibbling on it. Couple folks next to me had 2 cats on a stringer up to about 5-6 lbs... I asked when they caught em - last night/this morning around 2-3am was the response... Whew... Anything since? Nope.. Ok after 2-3 hours without a bite it was time to move on... Dad was getting frustrated as he was the only one getting snagged in the rocks :smile2:

Went back to the inlaws neck of the woods and hit up Fox Grove... Tons of people fishing there, no fish landed. I would say there were at least 15 people along the banks there. So to say the least.. the only thing any of us caught this trip was a buzz... But I'll be back again. Next time we'll be slayin 'em. :wink: