Spots for bank fishing in the greater Charleston, Summerville area?

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by bigdevo187, Nov 13, 2008.

1. bigdevo187

bigdevo187 New Member

State:
    sc
    I have been prowling the forum for a little while now, thought it was time to start getting into the discussions. I am looking for some good spots for bank fishing in the greater charleston, summerville area even if it involves a little hiking. I just got stationed out here and have been fishing short stay on lake moultrie. I have been having some good luck, I just want to hit some new spots. For now I have to be stuck onshore until I get my boat sometime this winter. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Devin

2. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Devin,

Welcome to the BOC! You are now a Brother! Why did ya' lurk in the shadows so long? :wink: Are you in the military? I have a boat and am always looking for people to get onboard and fish. I am not real familiar with bank fishing down that way, but there will be many replies to your questions as we are a pretty helpful bunch of rednecks. Ok, only me and Mrs. Sunbird. The rest can speak for themselves! Hang around you may learn something and we can all do that!

3. bigdevo187

bigdevo187 New Member

State:
    sc
    Hey thanks Sunbird! I am somewhat of a redneck myself, called New Mexico home until I joined the Coast Guard and then moved out to California for eight years. I am happy to say I am back in my kind of element out here, good people and good friends. I have to tell ya I have already learned a heck of a lot considering I hadn’t been catfishing since I was a wee one! I will have to definitely take you up on your offer of getting out on the water! I have found a new passion in fishing out here that I had lost a while back. Look forward to getting the chance of fishing with you. Thanks again!:smile2:

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Welcome to the BOC, and to South Carolina!
    Bill in SC

5. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    Devin, Welcome to the BOC! I personally know nothing of that area, but I'm sure some here do. They should be on soon.

6. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Devin, the next couple of months can be really hot right there at Short Stay, fishing the shallows at night. As for bank fishing, I'm not sure what is close to where you live, but there is some to be had on the re-diversion canal near St. Stephen, but that is better come late Feb - April. There is some fishing to be had at the head of the re-diversion at Russellville landing on Lake Moultrie. The tailrace canal below the dam at Moncks Corner has some spots, but I've never fished them personally. If you want more info on any of these, just ask and I'll try to provide more info.

7. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Welcome to the BOC and SC!!!