Spots at Santee Cooper?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by mudcat_xpress, Jan 16, 2006.

1. mudcat_xpress

mudcat_xpress New Member

State:
    Beckley, WV
    Me and a buddy are going to santee in February and would appreciate it if anyone could inform us on where and how to fish either lake at this time period. Any help would be great! Thanks!

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Mudcat, I don't have a lot of experience on the lakes in feb, but I hope to get up there some this year. My plans were to fish the cold weather months, but due to weather and some other factors, I haven't been since right after Christmas. This weird weather is hard to figure out. The water is warmer right now than it should be this time of year, so I don't know what to predict for feb.
    Do you know what area you will be coming to? Will you be staying at one of the camps, and do you plan to use a guide? Just curious, because that would help narrow things down a little. A guide is certainly a good investment assuming you've never been there before, although most of the fish camps will share information to help you.

3. Knockingbottom

Knockingbottom New Member

State:
    Manning, SC
    Mudcat, It all depends on the weather until then. Ask that same question
    with a general area where you will be staying, closer to your dates and I'll try to give you the most current info I can.