Spot to metal detect

Discussion in 'Metal Detecting' started by catfishingRon, Aug 24, 2006.

1. catfishingRon

catfishingRon New Member

State:
    Earlville, IL
    I just found this tread about metal detecting and a smile came to my face. I live in IL. about 60 west if Chicago and 20 miles north of Ottawa. I am wondering if there is anyone here who is close to the same area that can help me find spot to go. I have had permission to go to the Sandwich fair grounds bit they stopped it a few years ago. I would like to get into it again. I have a White metal detector that is dying to get out again.

2. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    There's plenty of metal detecting sites on the web. Forums for anything you want to do and what you've got to do it with. Look and you'll find people in your area.

3. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Bob, I detect another one of your mettle. lol :big_smile:

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I got permission from a couple of the local farmers to get out on there property and do some detecting. I had to promise to fill in the holes and not bother the crops are cattle. I haven't found a whole lot mainly old bullets and such. But one day soon I will be on the beach's in Florida with mine.

5. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Benji, where you going in Fl?

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

and and west coast from orlando. and then on a cruise. to bahama's. We will be in Florida for two weeks of nothing and its gonna be great.

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

We will be staying in Orlando but have planned day trips to beaches to the east and west of there. So I am taking one surf rod and my metal detector. I will be using both for a few hours anyway. If I find anything worth while I will post some pics.

8. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Good luck to you Benji. Enjoy the trip.

The fishing pier at Cape Canaveral is a hot spot for tourists and locals, but can be a parking headache.

All the roads have a parking area at the end, leading to a walk way over the dunes.

In Port Canaveral, there's a Park at the ocean that keeps getting ate up by developement, Jetty Park. You have to pay to get in. The fishing there would be the best in the area. You never know what you'll catch. The beach is also prime for detecting.

9. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Port Canaveral, are very close to there, is one of the places we were planning to go. Thanks for the info, we were flying blind. The Gulf side should be fun also catching some drum and other fish. I am not sure about the detecting there though. I should be able to find a couple of things near Canaveral with all of the tourist that visit there.