Sportsmans Warehouse

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ozzy, Sep 8, 2008.

1. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    They just opened one up here in Las Vegas, actually Henderson. This place is loaded but without all the cool waterfalls and expensive decor like BPS. Only been open for 2 weeks but got a good stock considering a grand opening. The only thing that I didnt like was the guns didnt have trigger locks on them. I voiced my opinion on that to them. I did pick up some ammo at a good price. The store was less corporate and more redneck, which I liked. I did notice a few BPS employes there, um ex ones. :wink:

2. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    that cool Mike, how was the prices compared to Bps? I just got home today from Bps Rancho Cucamonga, picked up some dip bait and some hooks and a egg sinker mold and some other goodies.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    They opened a new store outside of Rogers a few years back. Nice store indeed, definitely a place a guy can go bank:confused2:rupt.

4. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    They have one in OKC also, I like it a lot better than Cabela's and Bass Pro, they have really excellant prices, however they dont have as big as selection. As for the basics like hooks, line, ect it is great. And they had some good specials while I was there.

5. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I've been to a Sportsman Warehouse in Des Moines, Iowa. I was really impressed with the store. This particular store had quite the fishing selection. Combination of budget and high end fishing gear. It's not the glamorus setting of a Cabelas or Bass Pro Shops, but has just as much stuff for the sportsman, without the EWWW and AHHH..

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    The prices were comparable on products they both have. I liked there gun selection and ammo selection alot better.

7. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    They opened one here about 6 months ago....1/4 mile from Cabella's! I went the opening week but I thought the prices were a little high.

8. NewMexicoCatfisher

NewMexicoCatfisher New Member

State:
    Alameda, New Mexico
    I like Sportsman's Warehouse, they have had one near my house for years. I do like Cabela's better but, probably because I rarely get to go to one, and when I do I'm on vacation so I'm in the sight-seeing mood. I do like the prices though.

9. bigboyjon

bigboyjon New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Need a new cap? Go in there with a BPS cap and I bet they talk you into trade for a new one with there name.

10. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I did have a BPS hat on! They did give me a coffee cup tho. :cool2:

11. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    There is one about 25 miles from me. I like it but the prices are like PB's.
    Bill

12. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    I went to the one in Denver during Christmas season last year. I was given a $100 gift card and ended up spending almost $400!!:eek:oooh: The family had to drag me out of there :crazy: (I about cried that I had to leave) since the only sports and outdoor store that I have around here is Academy (really not complaining but I too like the redneck aspect of Sportsman Warehouse!) To me the prices were just right!! Can't wait till I go back to Colorado to get back in the store been saving up for about 2 months now and it ain't even time for the Christmas gift buying!! This is strickly for me!!:wink::cool2:

13. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i have been ordering arrows from them for a while now. i was down in las cruces in the beginning of august for a wedding and saw one on the way back from the chapel. all the groomsmen were in there in their tuxedos, haha. i liked the layout better than bps, gander mtn or cablela's. better customer service too. wish we had one here!