sports teams what a joke

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by brian sax, Nov 4, 2005.

1. brian sax

brian sax New Member

State:
    shawnee kansas
    i have felt the need to say this after watching sportcenter today. sports are so messed up these days, its not ever about the team its just about the players and there stats. look at T.O. he doesnt care about anything but himself and how much money is getting, plus the dumb @ss cant keep his mouth shut. i was watching i think it was monday night football, or sunday i dont rememmber but the patriots were playing and tedy came back that game and the stupid espn people,that they are,talked about him the entire game, cameras showing him the entire game, they even gave the most worthless stat for him, hits, how can a hit be a stat, i could get hits. plus they were talking good about him after he missed a tackle.
    this is what got me though, i watched about 5 min of the NBA and i got sick of it and turned it off why, because its just about the players and no teamwork, its stupid i saw maybe 2 passes. its just dribble down and drive to the lane, i believe a high school game is better to watch because atleast they work together, as a team. the only pro sports i really watch are baseball and hockey, they have not turned to bad yet. so i just thought i would say that.

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    lol. brother. your starting to see the light. i watch nascar. and thats it. the rest of these sports these days are so full of criminals and drug abusers there sickning. the get paied millions and then take under age girls to motels or shoot thier wifes. puke puke puke. i could care less. havent watched a ball game of any kind for more than 10 years and have no intrest. wont miss a race though.

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I still call myself a fan of the nfl, nba, and major league baseball. But I do admit it's getting hard..When you have an athlete making 7 million a year, and says he needs his contract redone becuse he has to feed his family I have a problem with that...It's not the same anymore.

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i feed my family on under $40,000 a year and buy a lot of junk. makes ya wonder hugh??? drugs, and gambling are expensive. :rolleyes:

5. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Rules are only for us common folk! How about that new NBA rule that the thugs can't wear their gang wear any more and a suit or faximily there of is the proper dress - Then Marcus Cambe (one of the highest payed players in the league) wants a clothing stipin - give me a brake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TO should be suspended but no one has enough backbone -

Another issue - drafted players who won't go to the team that chose them much less being payed millions before they make one play - If I don't like my situation I can sit home and starve or swallow my pride and get a small paycheck that I have to earn!

I don't like hockey but the NHL last year said enough and locked out the players untill the saleries were reduced to an amount that allowed the NHL to not only survive but dropped ticket and concession prices so we could afford to take our kids to the game - thats backbone!

6. miner

miner New Member

State:
    Sulligent, Alabama
    The only Pro sport I will watch is MLB. I still like college football and baseball.

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I have also been disenchanted by these overpaid,arogant, spoiled brats, winey @$$ed babies that are playing these games. What ever happened to playing the game for the love of the game itself. In High School they did it for fun, In college they did it for Glory and, now most of them do it for the money and the money alone.
    Now, the way I look at it, If you actually work one day a week and the rest of the week is in preperation for that one day, you should be paid accordingly. On game night you would receive a check for 5000.00 for winning and a 2500.00 check if you lost. This would enhance the heart that they should be putting into every play and create a stronger team atmosphere. Of course they would be compensated for practices and all medical covered. But they need to get their salaries back down to earth. This is just my humble oppinion :D :D

8. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    I had posted this very same thing before.
    I quit watching all pro sports but nASCAR. It's for the very same reasons.I'm getting to the point that I'm losing interset in it too .
    Screen, you said it best. The "fans" are the ones who give the players the high paychecks. If everyone quit going to the games, then prices would fall, slaries would have to go down.
    It's terrible to me,to see someone getting paid to play a game.Then turn around and act like a 3 year year old when something goes wrong.
    As long as there are people who will pay $40.00 and up to sit and watch thises golrofied gangsters play,it'll never change.
    This happened locally here. 4 or 5 basketball players from the championship,UNC chapel hill team, did a signing at a local mall. They charged fans from $25.00 and up for their autographs.This was after you bought whatever you wanted siged.Excuse? "These players don't get paid to play and they needed the money". 2 of these guys drive cars that cost more than my house.

9. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    WHAT??????
    That takes the cake, "CHARGING for an AUTOGRAPH" is ludicris in my oppinion!!!Kinda makes you sick to your stomach to see this kind of stuff being tolerated don't it :cursing:. Just who do they think they are? They are paid good money to do a job, that is the bottom line here and to charge someone for your autograph is rediculous in my eyes. If it wasn't for the fans they would have no jobs at all :cursing: .

10. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Still watch the NFL, MLB, and NASCAR, but I really love College Football and Basketball.

The NBA sucks, it's players are way to greedy. Soccer is boring, as is Golf, and Tennis. Boxing is a joke any more, so why watch it?

Ray

11. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    We have the Carolina Hurricanes in Raleigh. I know the first year you didnt have to try to drop a hundred bucks with just 2 folks.
    The insanity of it is, I'm paying a hundred bucks to watch someone make a million.
    You dont see me at sports events of any kind.

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    keith. you said it best. hit the nail on the head. glorified gangsters. thats exactly how i feel about it. ;)

13. el_pescador

el_pescador New Member

State:
    Missouri
    i have also quit watching pro sports. They are overpaid, and they are way too cocky. I stick to NCAA now.

14. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    i guess i am an optimist. People Like TO, Randy Moss, etc....SUCK :cursing:

i still love watching Football, due it every sunday, except today...working OT. I do not wath the NBA during the regular season, finals only.

I admit they are overpaid, some are crybaby's, but it is entertaining.

-Brian

15. s_self88

s_self88 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    I agree that they are too cocky. Especially when they dance in football, like they are the only ones who have ever made a touchdown.
    All that I watch anymore is Nascar and NCAA basketball. I'd watch fishing but I don't have cable tv.

16. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Well I see where someone finally got a backbone and suspended TO!

The thing that gets ya is when a player makes a play that he is supposed to - the runs out to make sure everyone know he made it! Grow up! he must not have gotten enough attention as a child - OOPS! I guess he hasn't grown up!

The only grandstanding I like is when the Nascar drivers win and do a burnout and a Kulwiki (sp)! I like what Mark says "That's for the kids"! Well I'll tell you if he was to win the championship he'd do one too!

17. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I quit watching MLB when they had that big strike a few years back.

I believe if NASCAR had a strike most of those boys would still show up to race just for the fun of it.

18. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Aren't these "athletes" the first of a group that were kids when corporal punishment was all but stopped? Aren't they the ones who because of parental interference with how little Johnny was being treated that now School board are frightened to side with the teacher because of multi million dollar lawsuits, and now teachers must babysit the troublemakers AND try to teach the ones that want to learn? We, as a society are losing a war here. I hope some changes are made very soon.

19. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    Hey Brian......Have you watched the Pistons in the last couple of years?? They have great teamwork, and you can't pin point one star on the team, they all play great together.......But I do understand what you're saying about the rest of the league, I just think Detroit is the exception......

20. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    IMO dennis rodman single handedly imbarressed the nba. he is a sick and very disturbed man that belongs in a ward of some sort. :D