Sporting Goods Sale at wallyworld

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by derbycitycatman, Dec 3, 2005.

1. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Just went for groceries and a friend alerted me to a sale in the sporting goods section. Hodgdon RS powder for 5$ got 4 of em. Also bought 4 carbon arrows for less than 4$. Alot of other stuff on sale as well. Time to stock up. :D

2. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    Derby I hope that sale is happening here too. talk about a few x-mas present being gotten if it is.

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Did wally world have a sale on their insulated overalls?

4. hookeye

hookeye New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey TSL,
    They usually start clearancing all of the hunting clothing about this time of year.

5. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    They were on sale but I dont know about how much. Most prices were lower than what was showing. Youll just have to check and have the sporting goods guy find the price.

6. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Have any of you bought the Remington coveralls or jacket from Walmart to hunt in. I believe the coveralls and jacket are around 80.00 - 100.00 dollar range for each. I thought about buying a set but would like to see them on clearnace first.

chris

7. STC T&F

STC T&F New Member

State:
    Union, MO
    Chris...I have the jacket and it is great. sat in 25* cold yesterday stayed warm for the 4 hours I was out. I sweated my butt off on the walk there and I never got cold once in the stand. I like my jacket so much that I am planning to buy the bibbs later this week. Like the wolfman said once in pieces it will make a year round hunting jacket.

8. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    That sounds great, Have you ever seeen them go on clearance at walmart?

chris

9. STC T&F

STC T&F New Member

State:
    Union, MO
    I was at Wal-Mart last night and they were not on sale here. I am trying to wait til they go on sale but the sizes are dwindling fast so I willl probally buy them tonight.

MJO

10. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    I checked em out last night and not on sale. The 4in1 parka was around 100. They did seem warm but Im wondering how they would do in briar patches and thorns. Im going to bait pro shops a little later and will do some comparison shopping.

11. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I love my Carhartt. I haven't found ANYTHING that will keep me as warm, or that is as durable.

12. STC T&F

STC T&F New Member

State:
    Union, MO
    bought the bibbs last night. $88.

I asked about the sale and the guy working thought it would not be til after chrismas. They only had 2 XL's left so I figured I better grab one. Maybe good timing, we got 3" of snow today and a low temp of 5* tonight might mean no school tomorrow. temp up to 30* tomorrow could equal me in the stand for the day.

MJO

13. jrm11

jrm11 New Member

State:
    Fairmont, W Va.
    Man the wal-mart sales you gotta love them !!!

I bought 3 new tree stands all of them came to about $40 each'
    So i decided to by all 3 designs lock-in, climber, ladder stand

I felt like i robbed wal-mart lol

The climber stand is heavy (35lbs.) :cursing:
    but i believe it'll hold up

14. hookeye

hookeye New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Chris,
    I have the Remington outfit and really like it. The parka is very nice because it gives a lot of options of which piece to wear, and it is very warm too!

15. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    Heads up Guys, the Remington 6-in-1 parka's went on sale here. They aren't deeply discounted, but they went from $88 to $69.

16. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    One of our local Wal-marts had a big sale a couple of weeks ago. We bought Triple Seven pellets in the 50/50 100 packs for 13 bucks and regular pyrodex pellets in the same packs for 7 bucks. Pound of loose grain Triple seven was 11 bucks. Doubt we have to buy powder for several years now. LOL They also had all black powder accessories marked down to 1 or 2 bucks. Aluminum ramrods were 2 bucks too. Black off was 2 bucks a bottle for the liquid and the presoaked pads were the same price. They even had a Traditions inline with all accessories to include a scope for 79 bucks and 21 bucks for a Bobcat sidelock muzzleloader. Unbelievable prices sometimes. I really like Wal-mart after hunting season is over. Lot's of great deals.

17. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    We ought to link this up with the "Why I hate wal-mart"thread

18. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Thanks for the Heads up, I am gonna stop by Wal-Mart and check out the 6-1 Paprka.

chris

19. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Just noticed at my local store that the 6in1 parkas went from 69 to 79. They were marking em up while I was looking at em.

20. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Were 50 today but was wondering if anybodys tried them and if its cheap?
    Also lock ons were 40.