spoonbills

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by cumberlandcat, May 8, 2008.

1. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Man we went out last night for 2 hours and they were in there, I caught 3 and my buddy dale caught 2. Biggest one was 57 inches. Nothing like getting the skin on your thumb burned off from 80lb ande line peeling off the reel.

2. Copeland

Copeland New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Man where'd you go to catch that many spoon bills? Sounds like i need to go fishing with you. :big_smile:

3. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I tried to download the pics but I have to downsize them and don't have clue how so when I get it figured out I post some great pics. We went again last night and we limited out in 2 hrs. I have one on that I fought for about 15 mins I mean it was an all out fight to keep him from spoolin me when we got him to the bank and onto the bank the guys helping me lost control of him and he flipped back into the water. He was the biggest spoonbill I have ever seen personally, I guess it wasn't his day to die. As far as the spot to do it well you can right the check out to me personally and I will get in touch with you on that LOL. I don't know where you live but I think most dams around central Tn have them. You have to be 100 yards down stream from the dam though. But it's okay if the commercial guys go net them by the dozens.

4. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Chris sounds like you had a great night. I have never caught one, maybe this year. What are you using for bait?

5. brandonnash

brandonnash New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Never caught one...do they fight pretty well?

6. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    You don't use bait for spoonbills, at least not from what I've heard.