spoonbills rolling at twin bridges

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by hellzbells, Mar 11, 2009.

1. hellzbells

hellzbells New Member

State:
    mo
    went fishing last night saw a lot of big sows rolling on the surface,time is here i think :)

2. KSFish

KSFish New Member

State:
    Kansas
    So.... will it be worth a trip to Connor Bridge or the Miami Park on Friday??? :0a28:

3. hellzbells

hellzbells New Member

State:
    mo
    a freind said he thought because it was a state park it wasnt allowed

4. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    It is prohibited at Twin bridges state park. But that is just right at the park. Went over their today and talked to the guys at the OCWD cleaning station. They said they have had 90 spoonbill brought in since they opened the middle of Feb. They said pretty much all have come from down river in the staging areas. The lake and river are really low. They said they where hoping the rain Kansas got up north would trickle down and bring the river up a little. Good luck with that.lol. I am not going to say that none of them have ran up river to Miami, but with the lack of ran and low water levels plus the colder temps where still getting, this weekend might still be on the slow side from twin up river. Most should still be in the deeper staging area's down south of twin. But of course I'm a dunder head most of the time and they may be stacked like cord wood next to the dam.lol

5. KSFish

KSFish New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Your not a dunder head! Its anybodys guess when they hit the river and Miami. We are sending water your way from Kansas at 3500 cfs!

6. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks man. If that river starts rising I will be over their with sharp hooks and big chunks of lead... Turn the boat around, Fish on!!!

7. KSFish

KSFish New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Sounds good to me! My boat is down right now so I'll be bank fishing. PM me your cell and I'll let you know when we are coming down from Pittsburg.