Spoonbill?

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by onlyone, May 6, 2006.

1. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Ive been wanting to go spoonbill snagging for a long time. My cousin goes all the time at chetopa and gets some nice ones. I read that spoonbill season was closing on the 15 of May. Has anyone even caught any yet? I didnt figure season was open yet.

2. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I am not too sure but They should have been able to get over Miami with this last rain. I rely on the KDWP websight but the morons havent given a fresh report scince 4/25. This is the first time it has been up too. That kind of fries me.
    :0a6:

3. KanHeadhunter

KanHeadhunter New Member

State:
    S. E. K.
    In the Parsons newspaper Thursday there have been 2 spoonbill caught reported by the KWP..........Yes the season will close May 15 no matter what!! The was stated in the paper. At Chetopa the water is great for snagging. I don't do it but have friends that do.

4. KanHeadhunter

KanHeadhunter New Member

State:
    S. E. K.
    This is a update on spoonbill at Chetopa:

They are catching them there now. Some big ones have been caught in the last few days. My friend got a 57lb on Monday, heard there was a 67lb caught that day also. I don't fish for them but this is 2nd hand info. The season is still closing May 15th.

5. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I caught a 36 inch on thursday. I had a hog on though that probably would have went 70 pounds.