spoonbill

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by mobigcat, Apr 16, 2009.

1. mobigcat

mobigcat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Any talk about the season so far?

2. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Tablerock has been great this year for numbers. We've only caught a few big sows though. One of those sows was my personal best of 80 pounds though. The water is about 10 degrees colder than it normally is by now and it's making the sows run late. I'd say the next two weekends will be really good for big fish down there.

I'm not sure about any of the other bodies of water though. I'd imagine Truman is hard snagging due to high water and trash and LoZ is always pretty good from what I hear.

3. mobigcat

mobigcat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the update. My kid is going today. Hope he does good. Not sure if it's loz or truman. I may get down there.

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Upper osage around osceola had some trash floating down yesterday, sac river has been in good shape. Both areas producing some fish this week.

LOZ has been much better fishing. 84 to 85 mm producing limits all week. 14 oz. weight, Stay about 50-100 feet off the bank (the side of the river without any houses) in aprox. 25 feet of water.

5. mobigcat

mobigcat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the info I will call my boy and let him know.