Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Spoonbill are starting to be caught up the Neosho River... Saw 2 taken yesterday!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the north end of Grand Lake where the Neosho and Spring rivers meet.

·
Registered
950 Posts
What are the directions to get to twin bridges. I'll be coming up hwy 69 from Muskogee.

I've been wanting to try the spoonbilling up there. They won't get to Ft Gibson dam in my area for another few months.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
We get this cold snap out of the way and well, I just can't wait. Got the barb's filed off and the big sinkers out. Let's go snagging boys.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've never snagged down on the Neosho, but just might give it a try this year. Last year my dad sat down at the Miami park and watched em rip in one after another! I live in Lamar, MO and always take my boat up to the osage to go snaggin. I catch big fish up there, up to 80 lbs. My seasonal average two years ago was upper 50lb range. Last year was tough on the osage with all the fluctuating water levels and temps. I'd like to try on the Neosho as they seem to catch higher numbers of fish per day.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I will be heading back down there either Sunday or Monday... I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I could not make it down today, from Kansas, but a couple guys I work with went down. Broke their lines a few times and snagged some carp. They did not have much luck, but saw some spoons being snagged. Not alot, but a few. They were fishing the park in Miami. I guess yesterday it was alot better than today. I hope to make it down this week once I hear they are running. :big_smile:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Went down today and I didn't have any luck (unless you count a white bass). A guy that was snagging with me caught a 50 pounder though. I am going back tuesday!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
So they are starting to hit a few at Miami already? I've been wanting to go down there and try that one of these days just for the higher number of paddlefish they seem to catch. We usually don't catch a high number on Tablerock, but do get some dandies up to 80lbs.

·
Registered
89 Posts
It's a hoot! It's like hooking into a 60 lb. log that fights! I mean you think your hung up and then all of the sudden it takes off. And then add the current of the river. It's fun all the way around!:big_smile:

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Make sure you check the regulations for spoonbill fishing in Oklahoma. They check alot of people during the spoonbill run. Barbless hooks and one keeper a day. You can catch them all day ,but must release immediately unless keeping for your one fish. Once you keep one you must stop fishing. Don't want to see anybody get one of them high dollar ticks. Have fun.

·
Registered
24 Posts
They have a special tag number for paddlefish in Oklahoma this year. It's free but you have to have this number tag to the fish. From the dept of wildlife site: Effective January 1, 2008 residents and nonresidents alike must obtain a free paddlefish permit before fishing for paddlefish. Paddlefish permits are now available.
https://www.wildlifedepartment.com/

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
thx zimzam. I almost forgot to ask for mine when I got my 08 fishing permit. And they didn't ask if I needed it.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.