Spoonbill @ Twin Bridges

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by swmo guy, Mar 2, 2008.

1. swmo guy

swmo guy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The Spoonbill are starting to be caught up the Neosho River... Saw 2 taken yesterday!

2. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I am guessing that Twin Bridges in not in Missouri since the season does not start for 2 weeks.

3. swmo guy

swmo guy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It is the north end of Grand Lake where the Neosho and Spring rivers meet.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Last year i seen some huge spoonies jumping in the mouth of the neosho. Never fished for them but there are definitely some big one's over there.

5. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    What are the directions to get to twin bridges. I'll be coming up hwy 69 from Muskogee.

I've been wanting to try the spoonbilling up there. They won't get to Ft Gibson dam in my area for another few months.

6. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Hey Gary do you know if anyone is sagging any at Miami.How much water is running?

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Vince, the area i'm speaking of is down from Hwy. 10 bridge. The mouth of the neosho river is about 2 miles down the lake. You'll recognize it when ya see it.

8. jdorton

jdorton New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i was out this weekend and there are still plenty in the lake around paradise point. if the water will just get a little warmer they may all head north.

9. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    We get this cold snap out of the way and well, I just can't wait. Got the barb's filed off and the big sinkers out. Let's go snagging boys.

10. streamer78

streamer78 Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've never snagged down on the Neosho, but just might give it a try this year. Last year my dad sat down at the Miami park and watched em rip in one after another! I live in Lamar, MO and always take my boat up to the osage to go snaggin. I catch big fish up there, up to 80 lbs. My seasonal average two years ago was upper 50lb range. Last year was tough on the osage with all the fluctuating water levels and temps. I'd like to try on the Neosho as they seem to catch higher numbers of fish per day.

11. swmo guy

swmo guy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I think I will be heading back down there either Sunday or Monday... I'll let you know how it goes.

12. streamer78

streamer78 Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ya, let me know how it goes! I'd be interested in joining in some time if there starting to move up!

13. KSFish

KSFish New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I could not make it down today, from Kansas, but a couple guys I work with went down. Broke their lines a few times and snagged some carp. They did not have much luck, but saw some spoons being snagged. Not alot, but a few. They were fishing the park in Miami. I guess yesterday it was alot better than today. I hope to make it down this week once I hear they are running. :big_smile:

14. swmo guy

swmo guy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Went down today and I didn't have any luck (unless you count a white bass). A guy that was snagging with me caught a 50 pounder though. I am going back tuesday!

15. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    So they are starting to hit a few at Miami already? I've been wanting to go down there and try that one of these days just for the higher number of paddlefish they seem to catch. We usually don't catch a high number on Tablerock, but do get some dandies up to 80lbs.

16. garzaglass

garzaglass New Member

State:
    OK
    never caught a paddle fish before!:tounge_out:

17. KSFish

KSFish New Member

State:
    Kansas
    It's a hoot! It's like hooking into a 60 lb. log that fights! I mean you think your hung up and then all of the sudden it takes off. And then add the current of the river. It's fun all the way around!:big_smile:

18. rudepossum

State:
    Missouri
    Make sure you check the regulations for spoonbill fishing in Oklahoma. They check alot of people during the spoonbill run. Barbless hooks and one keeper a day. You can catch them all day ,but must release immediately unless keeping for your one fish. Once you keep one you must stop fishing. Don't want to see anybody get one of them high dollar ticks. Have fun.

19. zimzam

zimzam New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    They have a special tag number for paddlefish in Oklahoma this year. It's free but you have to have this number tag to the fish. From the dept of wildlife site: Effective January 1, 2008 residents and nonresidents alike must obtain a free paddlefish permit before fishing for paddlefish. Paddlefish permits are now available.
    https://www.wildlifedepartment.com/

20. rudepossum

State:
    Missouri
    thx zimzam. I almost forgot to ask for mine when I got my 08 fishing permit. And they didn't ask if I needed it.