Spoonbill Show

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by dsweet, Dec 20, 2007.

1. dsweet

dsweet New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I would like to do a show on catching big Spoonbill. Can anyone help? I am looking for the best places and the best times to film some really big ones. I am looking for someone to explain on camera all that is involved. Never having seen a show on them I want to "Get-Er-Done" as soon as possible. If you have general info please post here. If you are interested in being part of the production please PM me. Thanks and Happy Holidays.

2. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Come down to the James River arm of Tablerock during snagging season here in MO. You will get to see plenty of big spoonbill. We've caught them up to 82 pounds ourselves down there. The state record came out of there opening day of 2002 and it weighed 139 lbs 4oz. Warsaw, MO is another heavily fished area for spoonbill in the spring. There are tourneys hosted the last three weekends of snagging season usually down there.

Look up Ozark Snagmasters and The Old Oar House Inn. They are the one's that host the spoonbill tournaments each spring on Lake of the Ozarks.

I bet you could get in contact with Troy Greenwood (aka Spoonfish) here on the forum. He guides some in the spring up on Truman for spoonbill I believe.

3. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Late march, April and Early May are the best times here in Northeast Oklahoma. The Grand and Arkansas River Chain of lakes have some of the best spoonbill snagging anywhere. Spoonbill will start staging up inFeb and March and start making there way up the river channels in the lakes. Pretty much all these lakes have either low water dams or lake dams that block the progress of there mirgration. When the spring rain really get the water moving they concentrate even more and we have snagged and released up to 100 in a day or until your arms wear out. Lot's of fun.