Spoonbill Season Soon!!!!!

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by Hannibal Mike, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    I hope to catch some spoonies this spring! The truman lake area is sure fun, and the Neosho river was crazy high last year when I went therel Hannibal Mike

2. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hi Mike, you should come on up here, and go snagging off of the powerhouse wall. Lots of spoonies caught over there. Catfish Kenny is going to try ity tomorrow. Later Andy

3. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    I didn't know about Keokuk's spoonies. I did go up near Denmark, IA, but got skunked! I am toying with the idea of trying 20lb braid and smaller treble hooks this year for sensitivity on the stroke and lighter weight. Often I use 80lb braid or even 100lb large braid and a 12' rod or a 7' meat getter that could pull in a cow. Anyway, I like to try different ideas. What do you think? On the Missi near Hannibal, we catch tons of asian carp when snagging and they are so tough to land when they get 30 to 40 lbs and they are hooked by the tail. Brutal! If anyone is interested in catching more weight of fish than they ever dreamed about, I would be happy to "hook'm up " if the river is not too high. These guys will wear you out! Hannibal Mike

4. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I'm ready to tango with a big ol bill myself. We are starting out on the James River arm of Tablerock at midnight on March 15.

I have thought about trying out the snagging at the park in Miami, OK. A guy told me that he caught almost 60 paddlefish there one weekend last year. Man now that would be a blast.

I'll probably make a trip down to Alton Dam or take my boat out on the Missouri River near me and try for asian carp. I love to catch those things....and eat them. :wink:

5. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    im ready got about 4 more weeks over here for prime fights will be on

6. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Hey Mike!

I'm ready to hit it, let's get together again.

Eric

7. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    On the IA or IL side?

8. Stubby

Stubby New Member

State:
    Kansas, Ar
    Hi Eric & you to Mike haven't seen much out of you guys sense last year at twin bridges. Good Luck , Stubby

9. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Hi Carl!
    I haven't seen you around much either. How's it going?

10. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    I would like to make it back down, but this year my schedule is crazy. One of out guys is in the hospital and the boss scheduled an open house for the last weekend of March. I liked the town, food, and people down there. That river sure came up fast last year. It was in the park in a day and a half! I am getting hungry for spoonbill and mushrooms. Hannibal Mike
    Hi Everyone!

11. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I can't go down there this year either, but we can do some local snagging.