Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went out to Ft. Gibson dam with the small gear to see if the sandies were running yet. I took the wrong gear! Even if they were, I couldn't fish for them as they were bringing in spoonbill one right after the other. They were in the 30 to 50lb range. I was there about 20 minutes and counted 12 spoonbill landed in that time frame. Now I have to work the next 8"FRIGGIN" days in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally got to sneak off an go to Ft. Gibson dam at 02:30 this morning. The spoons were still there. Snaggen a 30 pounder in the tail first cast. Got a few more after that. I was just there an hour. I'll be back out there Wed. evening, if my knuckles on my left arm will stop dragging the ground!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm out of the 8 and 10/0 hooks and been doin fine with the 7/0 I've still got left. Been usin 4oz. weight and haven't hit bottom yet with the amount of water they're letting out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.