Spoonbill Runnin!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by xringer3, Apr 1, 2008.

1. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I just went out to Ft. Gibson dam with the small gear to see if the sandies were running yet. I took the wrong gear! Even if they were, I couldn't fish for them as they were bringing in spoonbill one right after the other. They were in the 30 to 50lb range. I was there about 20 minutes and counted 12 spoonbill landed in that time frame. Now I have to work the next 8"FRIGGIN" days in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Ohhhh, that nasty 4 letter word that starts with "W" always gets in the way!!!

3. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Tell them you got that highly contagious "bill fever" and it would be best if you took a few days in a row off. :wink:

4. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Finally got to sneak off an go to Ft. Gibson dam at 02:30 this morning. The spoons were still there. Snaggen a 30 pounder in the tail first cast. Got a few more after that. I was just there an hour. I'll be back out there Wed. evening, if my knuckles on my left arm will stop dragging the ground!

5. KingCatBradsPup

KingCatBradsPup New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    what all you been hookin them dudes with

6. swampratt

swampratt Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i use between 8/0 and 10/0 trebel hooks..i have even done some snaggin' with a broke tip bass rod and a 700 hoss zebco .:eek:oooh:
    landed some nice gar at webber falls

7. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'm out of the 8 and 10/0 hooks and been doin fine with the 7/0 I've still got left. Been usin 4oz. weight and haven't hit bottom yet with the amount of water they're letting out.