Spoonbill Itch

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by Welder, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Now that deer hunting over I am feelen the urge. I have to make it 2 more months then March 15 all hells goan break loose. Snaggen for paddle fish. Cant help it it gets under ya skin like a craven ya cant ease.

2. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    yes troy it does. i have been out in the shop practicn up. been wanting to get my camper ready and stuff ready for the campout but its only jan. lol:cowboy:

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Years ago, 25+ we use to go to Tichnor dam and snag catfish. never caught a spoonbill and don't even own a snaggin rig anymore. Back then in Ark. you could keep cats, not sure about anymore.

4. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    im pretty sure u cant keep em anymore. i uesed to know a fella that would bow fish below the dam when it wasent season. i thought it was neat then cause i was young but now that bout ticks me off. i wonder just how many cats get took out the water when people gig.:angry:

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hope you boys have a good season. No spoonies any where near me,But ya sure got me wanting to try kokanee snagging again.

6. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Jan 1 spoonbill season opened will close Dec 31. LOL We are lucky here in OKLA we can snag year round. They did change the rules, you can't keep spoonbills on Monday or Friday. You can snag, just can't keep them.

7. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    its a heck of a good time for sure rich. hell if i can dry ice some ill send ya some spoonbill. goooood stuff!

8. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    dang thats alright.

9. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    You can catch all you want, but you can only keep one a day. No culling.

10. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    You Missouri boys can head down I -44 to Grand and catch them now. There all stacked up around sailboat bridge.. troll with lots of lead and you will catch them all day.

11. jjfisher

jjfisher New Member

State:
    missouri
    how the pop hold up .is it worth a trip there

12. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    That's one thing I never got to do or tried in my years living in Indiana but would love to give it a shot.

Here in PA snagging of anything is illegal.

13. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    We used to go all out for the spoonies. For several years we never missed a weekend during snagging season with the exception of Easter. I got a lot of friends around home involved by taking them. At one time there were Nine Ocean City Rods toped with Penn 309 or 49L reels hanging on the wall of our shop. we have since down sized to just a couple. I will still go once or twice a year if someone wants to go, but I don't like to eat them any more and frankly cant stand the smell of the nasty things. LOL I guess it was just a phase I went through. LMAO Wish I could post some of my old pics, Biggest one we ever boated as a group was 84 lbs and my personal best was 72lbs. Lots of good memories and funny stories!!!
    Good Luck this Season!!!
    DA