Spoonbill fishing at Twin Bridges

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mark R., Jan 7, 2008.

1. Mark R.

Mark R. New Member

State:
    Rush Springs, OK
    Maybe I missed the thread but---
    Is anyone planning on going to Twin Bridges like we did last year?

2. dobbie

dobbie Member

Mark you are welcome to come up to Twin Bridges any time you want.Just give me a holler and i'll take some vaction.

3. Mark R.

Mark R. New Member

State:
    Rush Springs, OK
    I'll do that!
    Thanks,
    Mark

4. whitney weese

whitney weese New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Where is the twin Bridges

5. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Twin Bridges state park is in the northeast corner of the state. I'm with dobbie on that one Mark. Just drop a pm if you get ready to head this way. Maybe the weather will be more conducive to out door activates this time, but either way it's all good. Had a blast fishing with you guy's last year. I will let you know when they start moving up in the river. By the way, welcome to the BOC family Whitney.

6. dobbie

dobbie Member

That sounds great David.Also keep us posted on when the white bass start hitting the river.

7. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    How long does the season usually last? (spoonbill that is)

8. rudepossum

State:
    Missouri
    It is open all year in Oklahoma. There may be restrictions on different body's of water, but we snag for spoonbill on Grand lake Dec. to early march. Around march (depending on weather and water conditions) the spoonbill start heading up toward the Neosho and Spring rivers to spawn. So we can snag for them from March into May. Always check the regs so you don't get one of them high dollar tickets. Happy hookin to all

9. Mark R.

Mark R. New Member

State:
    Rush Springs, OK
    I'll bring my camper down from KS. when pheasant season ends the end of this month and get things ready to come over your way, Got to weld on a hitch to pull the boat is about all.

Look forward to fishing with you guys!

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    If ya'll don't mind a novice, i may try to come over. Last yr. i seen some huge spoonbill jumping. I usually fish from the mouth of Neosho back toward hwy. 10 bridges

11. rudepossum

State:
    Missouri
    Howdy John. We had our best luck snagging last year down south of the twin Bridges at the bluffs just before the flats. We don't have any date set to get together yet, but if you get over this way give a shout. We will be snagging in the main lake channels around sailboat bridge every weekend in Feb.(weather permitting) I will post some pics if we hook into some good ones. Will post in this thread if we get enough people interested in getting together for a weekend of snagging in April.

12. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks, i'm about an hour from 10 bridge. Don't own a snaggin rig but i'll come up with something. Keep us posted on when ya may go. Again thanks

13. rudepossum

State:
    Missouri
  14. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    hey lets go snaggin, i've never snagged up there