spoonbill eggs

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by bowhunter66064, Jun 20, 2008.

1. bowhunter66064

bowhunter66064 New Member

State:
    ks
    anybody use um was talking to a old timer last night he was telling me that bluecat love um wish i could get my hands on some you can never have too many bait options

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Make sure & check your regs, some states are different when it comes to that sort of stuff...........the old timers never paid attention to them back then, but then again some of their stories involve stuff that wasnt in the books back then either!!:eek:oooh::wink:

3. KanHeadhunter

KanHeadhunter New Member

State:
    S. E. K.
    Yes, I have heard of them being used for bait. I had a friend a few years back that would use the eggs. He fished in front of a dam with them, he would catch channel, blues & flathead on them.

I nevered tried them but I would see his catch.

4. bowhunter66064

bowhunter66064 New Member

State:
    ks
    just wondering where abouts are you at in southeast ks iam south of osawastomie

5. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    Actually, I have heard of the locals in MO. using the Spoonbill livers for bait. Definitely check the law on the eggs..... they are kinda funny on that. I know in MO. you can't transport them.

Speaking of 'Bill, how was the run up in Osawatomie this year? I have caught some there before.

6. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Never heard of spoonbill eggs but know a guy that says Gar eggs are the best Channels bait ever.

7. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Yes Get rid of them dumb Gar Eggs:smile2:

8. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Found this pic of the World Record Spoonbill caught in Kansas, thought I would post it so you all who havent seen it , can.

Attached Files: