Spoonbill at gibson

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by catfishinfordman, May 4, 2006.

1. catfishinfordman

catfishinfordman New Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, O
    I was at gibson last night and hooked a couple of spoonbilll. Nothing of any great size only about 20 to 30 pounds. But I was haveing a bad day fishing kept loosing wieghts and everything. Man I was getting mad Even the spoonys I hooked got off just before I could get them in. Then I have a good that just ran and snapped my line:ah:

2. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

I bet it still beats your best day at work!

3. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Ill second that, Tulcat.

4. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    And I will "third" it. ANY day fishing is better than ANY day at work!!!!

5. catfishinfordman

catfishinfordman New Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, O
    heck I could fish all day and catch nothing but a sunburn and a buzz and it would still be better than any day at work.

6. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK

I had nickle size hail pelting me one day on the river. Hail REALLY hurts when your going 30 mph to try to get out of the storm. :lol: I think that day I should had stayed at work instead of sneaking off to fish.

7. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

You got that right.

After a similar trip this FEB on a cold winter day, I decided to invest in this:

http://savephace.com/thegear/mask-blackmamba.htm

It has been great on cold and/or wet trips. You can wear you sunglasses underneath which was a major selling point for me.

8. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I saw those at Ba$$ Pro a while back while my wife was with me. She said "Here honey this is what you need when your fishing in the winter" I tried it on and then she just laughed at me.:lol: I looked like a dork so I guess I'll just bitch and moan about the cold. I did though get a really nice face mask that is wind proof and water resistant. It has made those Jan and Feb morning runs a little nicer, that and several layers of outer wear, hot hands and toastie toes.