SPOON BILL RESULTS

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by duckgetr, Mar 16, 2008.

1. duckgetr

duckgetr New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Me and some buddies went to Truman yesterday and snagged from sunrise to 4:30 and got four spoonies, but only two of them were keepers. Our biggest weighed 60 pounds on the dot. It was slow all morning til about 9:30- 10:30 when we were just up from the O-44 mile marker and everybody started snaggin them one right after another. I was wondering how anyone else might have done. I think it was really slow cause of cold water temps but I'm not claiming to be an expert. We just were'nt as lucky as some others maybe. What hurts is gas prices!!! It cost me $100 to fill up my truck and my boat when I got home. That takes some of the excitement out of fishin!!!

2. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Theres a post in the general section. What was the water temp? We are going down a week from tomorrow. Sounds like it was slow at best.

3. duckgetr

duckgetr New Member

State:
    Kansas
    surface temp was 46 on my depth finder. still cool

4. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Four of us snagged down on Tablerock and caught seven between 12:00am - 6am Saturday. The biggest was a 47 lbs sow and the other six were small males between 30 - 40 lbs.

We had the same experience as you with catching them all the sudden. Between 2-3 am I think is when we boated every fish. We must of just found a heck of a school because we see a few other boats catch fish, but not as many as us.

Good luck the rest of the trips you fellas make snagging. Hopefully I can find a few friends to tag along on my trips because like you said the gas prices are killer for just one person. :sad2:

By the way, how big is that spooner in your avatar Duckgetr? It looks enormous.

5. duckgetr

duckgetr New Member

State:
    Kansas
    THANKS FOR YOUR INFO SETH. THAT ONE IN THE PICTURE WEIGHED 74 POUNDS. CAUGHT IT IN THE SAME SPOT WE CAUGHT ALL OUR FISH THIS WEEKEND. RIGHT BESIDE THE O-44 MILE MARKER. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!

6. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    My biggest spooner is a 74 lber and the one in your avatar looks much bigger than mine.

Here's the pic of mine. What do you think?

Attached Files:

7. duckgetr

duckgetr New Member

State:
    Kansas
    That's a dandy for sure. don't know maybe our scale was broke.

8. streamer78

streamer78 Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good to hear a few are being caught! I'm headed up there Monday Morning to give it a shot. I'm Going to put in at taberville and run down towards Roscoe. Any pointers anyone? I should probaby be farther down river this early on but I kinda like that stretch! If I cant find any bills, I'll try to bring home some catfish! I'll Reply Monday night and let everyone know how we did!

9. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Fished below Warsaw Sat. Caught a few Biggest being 50-55 lbs range. There were a lot of fish being caught around the Old Oarhouse. (81mm.). But there were a lot of boats. We graphed a ton of fish just didn't have as many hook ups as I exspected. I guess thats why they call it fishing. lol.
    Didn't fish Sun. we decided to get an early start home. Good Luck, Duck

10. ccso639

ccso639 New Member

State:
    Cass Couty, MO
    We fished Sunday and got two males about 35lbs a piece. We snagged the 51MM. The water temp was 43 degrees and needs to warm up! Its only gonig to get better!! :big_smile: Kyle

11. flatheadHunter84

flatheadHunter84 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Anyone know if it has been raining down around clinton and warsaw all day like it hass been here in KC. If so i better mold some bigger weights. I am leaving for a week long trip on wed.

12. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    It's rained here in Warsaw off and on all day. We even had some hail this morning. Calling for more heavy rain tonight. I havent checked the river guage today but Im sure it's coming up and there will be a lot of trash floating on the upper osage the next few days.

13. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Checking Schell City your going to have a bunch of water to deal with if your planning to fish around Osceola this week. http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=sgf
    Your best bet looks to be to fish below the dam here at Warsaw until the water drops up there?

14. jjfisher666

jjfisher666 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    went sunday on lamine river got a 30# and a 35# also caught 20 bighead carp we gut and released them anyone snagging bigger fish on undamed rivers

15. capmadlee

capmadlee Member

State:
    p hill missouri
    got a 70lb at oscola on the sac opening day

16. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    You Truman guys caught some nices ones for the few that were caught. We caught a good number of fish but nothing nearly as big. :sad2: All well it was still fun I can't complain about that. We just need the water temps to raise and get them sows to move up the James River.:big_smile:

17. streamer78

streamer78 Member

State:
    Missouri
    Put in at Taberville today and ran down 3/4s the way to roscoe and snagged back up! Was there from 10:30am-8pm, tough day out there. All we could sink a hook in where stockers 1-2lbs. Graphed a few bigger fish, but where far and few between. I saw six other boats on the water today, no one had a fish tied on! Need some warmer water to get them up that far. I should have went down to Osceola, but hind sites always 20/20. If the river gets up high, look for them in slack water in the edies on sharp corners and feeder creek entrys. Thats what worked for me last year when the river was up high or out of the banks, that was almost every trip last year!

18. Blue Bruiser

Blue Bruiser New Member

State:
    St Louis, Missouri

Sounds like pretty decent males to me. 30-40.