Spooling Assistant with suction cup

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by JRA, Apr 20, 2008.

1. JRA

JRA New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Has anyone tried one of these spooling assistants made by P-Line. The spool holder looks solid, but I am afraid that the suction cup will not allow me to put enought torc on the line when spooling. The web link for the assistant is as follows: http://p-line.com/product_detail.php?id=605. Would anyone recommend for or against getting one of these?

Thanks in advance for your help

2. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I have one similar to that, sold under the BassPro label. As you guessed, it's weak point is the suction cup, which isn't sufficient to get adequate pressure on the spool so that it packs line on the reel tightly. I usually compensate by running the line through a rag that I can squeeze with my hand to apply a little more pressure. It gets the job done.

3. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    You could always take the suction cup off and put it in a vice, just a thought.

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I take a big fat book and run the line though that. Then I stack 4 more big books on top of that. seems to work ok.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Put your spool of line in a 5 gallon bucket of water and reel it in. It will go on tighter than a frogs a%$.:wink: