Sponsor

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Skunk Master, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I talked to the GM at my company and he's agreed to be a Sponsor of our Fishing for Kids event for St Judes.. I told him about us cleaning up a stream or small river this summer and they would be willing to be a Sponsor of that also.. I haven't sat down with him and discussed details yet.. I figured we needed to talk some more about it and decide what we will do first and maybe set up dates and places..

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I've been communicating with a few folks on this idea already. We have some connections through Brian's wife with the Childrens Miracle Network. All funds raised would go directly to the St. Louis area hospital as well.

My thoughts are to make this a tournament with 100 Percent of the proceeds going to the children.

Thoughts?

3. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Sounds good.. including entry fees.. My company said that they would be behind anything for the kids.. And cleaning up a stream is good publicity for a battery company that deals with haz mat..

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Were glad to have em Harold. Well be forming a Stream Team Committee at the next meeting.

Well also form a Committee for the Childrens Fund Raising Tournament

5. GUP

GUP New Member

State:
    Washington, MO
    I like it. 100% going to the kids is the way it should be.

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    And a Committee to elect Committee's. (c'mon, just funnin')

Sounds like some great stuff in the works already!:big_smile:

7. thomas feldon

thomas feldon New Member

State:
    Farmington, MO.
    The company I work for, is very interested in this type of community involment. If possible , we should have a presentation ( gereral ) To present.
    Please , if anyone has a presntation of some sort we could provide to the big guy's , let's review it at our next get together.
    I have a feeling our next get-to-gether is going to be a long one.
    Let us not take on to much at one time and decide on where to start.
    First membership. Fishermen come together.
    The first get-to-gether was 1 - 26 -08
    Allot of us met for the first time.
    How much can we rush into off the bat ?
    I think we need some time to get to know each other , before it becomes uncontrolable.
    Let's have a base, before we say, " we can do " - if we don't know what we can do thing!
    I'm just precostionary about rushing into thing's. That we can't do or afford later down the road!
    One thing at a time.
    We mean well , but do we do well?
    Let's get orginized first and when we are well into our birth then let's go forward.
    :wink:

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    You are correct Tom. It is important to not try and tackle a whole lot of projects at one time. However, I've come to learn that these types of activities take a ton of time to iron out and plan for. If we are going to have a fund raiser for the Children in late summer or early fall, establishing a committee this early in the game makes profound sense. The committee system works nicely on these type of projects. You take people that are passionate about the project and put them on the appropriate committees. They keep the membership briefed on the progress being made, and any help they might need. It would be impossible for merely the officers to run everything. I'm shocked at how much time the Classic is taking up of my own time. It literally is an everyday affair. The committee system puts important activities in the hands of the membership, which is what this club is about.

To my knowledge, there are only 2 magor projects for year one. The First being The Gateway Classic on April 05th. The second being a Fund Raiser for the Childrens Miracle Network. The Stream Team effort is something the Club should participate in on an ongoing basis. There are some other small activities I have planned for the club members, but they are not major time events and will be easily planned.

Your advise is good though. It is important to not try and do too many things at once, and get all strung out. Spreading the word about Gateway Cats, and slowly growing the membership with quality folks should be an ongoing affair with everyone that attended LeadStock. The Gateway Classic, The Fund Raiser for The Childrens Miracle Network, and perhaps a trip to Jefferson City to speak about getting regulations in place to protect these fish pretty much wraps up the 2008 agenda. Of course, this doesnt count any dollar tourney's well undoubtedly toss together short notice and that type of thing.

I'm excited for 2008, and excited for the Club. I've received a tremendous amount of support from all of you, and I have no doubt this club will flourish. Like you said, its important to keep the ship steering straight, and make sure her rudder is in fine working order. :wink:

9. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    You guys probably have all the talent you need over there in the East, but if you do need a hand with powerpoint presentations or any of that kind of stuff, let me know. I spend a ton of time these days with my new job with MS Project, PowerPoint, Access, etc, so I'm actually fairly good at it. One of the few things that can be done over the phone and via email from this side of the state to help out. Thanks,

Branden

10. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Harold you have my admiration!!That is a great charity me and my wife have given to them before they do great work and no one is ever turned away.

11. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Oh Geez Roger. Dont tell him that. Now we got to listen to it for the next year

12. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I'll be nice on this one you old fart.. This one is a team effort and will take alot of working together to make it run smoothly.. But it will definately be worth it and shouldn't be real hard to get sponsors for it.. Everybody loves helping the kids..

13. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    my job is always giving to kids charity group. I can check with them. If I can get them in on it that will be a big plus. I'll send them a e-mail monday

14. GUP

GUP New Member

State:
    Washington, MO
    I think Tom and Cuz are right. We can't spread ourselves too thin, or we'll end up not putting as much effort into something as it deserves. I'm sure alot of you guys work alot of hours every week too, which makes it even rougher. Slow and steady wins the race! Not all of us are lucky and semi-retired like Harold.

15. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I agree the kids deserve all that we can do. But I aint gonna let you use this to keep me off of your case you old antique

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    LMAO

Just want you two blisters to know its a pleasure to have you two as part of the club. We wouldnt have near as much fun if we didnt have yalls post to keep us laughing.

Thanks for all the laughs guys. You guys remind me of the two fellers in that movie. Walther Matthau and Jack somebody I think. I think it was Grump Old Men or something.

17. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Now Cuz, I aint grumpy. Gary is grumpy. And I aint now where near as old as Harold. Although that was a funny movie. Hey Harold, why dont you pull your bottom lip up over your head and swallow.:smile2::tounge_out::wink:

18. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Jon... so now your gonna start in with the rest of them huh.. See Bob you old fart I told you that your a bad influence on these young whippersnappers.. Now go take your Geritol and sit in the corner for an hour... lol

19. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    "Grumpy old men" and "Grumpier old men" 2 of my all time favorite movies :smile2: let me see just where are some of them pics :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: More I remember they must have been in Herolds old boat while chasing the one "Mr. Catfish Hunter" :wink: :smile2::smile2::smile2:

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO