Spongebob Square Pants....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by teaysvalleyguy, Jul 9, 2006.

1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    What is it about this cartoon that has kids going crazy about it?? I mean, it is just plain crazy if you ask me. Madison loves this show, she can't take her eyes off the TV when it is on. All you her is "pun Bob". That is all she says when it is on. The dances and chants "pun Bob" when the music starts.

What ever happend to Tom and Jerry, that does not even phase her.

It is Spongebob, Backyardagins, Booh Bah, Wiggles, Barney, and Miss Spiders something.

I sure miss Snorkles, Tom and Jerry, Underdog, Rockey and Bullwinkle, Smurfs, He Man, the classics.

2. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Dude I can relate. I can hear that yellow turd is on the tv downstairs as I'm sitting here typing this. My daughter is possessed with it. Whoever thought of making a cartoon about a sponge, a squirrell in a bubble, a squid and a crab that all live underwater was a sick-o. But a rich sick-o I'm sure. I would tell you to just hang in there, but I can't. :lol: He just won't go away.:crazy:

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    It is just plain crazy man. She wakes up every morning saying "pun Bob", we turn on the TV, it is "pun Bob". She loves it.

Better then her saying "Ba$$" though, LMAO.

4. Ulizth

Ulizth New Member

State:
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
    Underdog and bullwinkle . . .you are really dating yourself. I can remember those . . .uh . . . reruns yea . . .yea. . . don't want to date myself!

5. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I found some DVD's at Wal-mart of a bunch of classics.
    Mighty Mouse, Popeye, Bugs, Speedy Gonzalez, old Tweety's, etc etc.. They usually have like 2 hours a DVD, best thing about em is they are a $1 each... I usually let my 6yo pick 1 or 2 out from time to time... They are a pretty good deal and I dont mind watching em either heheh....

6. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I like spongebob. I particularly like Mermaid Man and Barnicle Boy. The creators of Spongebob also did Rocko's Modern Life back about 10 years ago.

I agree it takes quite the wacko to come up with some of this stuff, but even the guys that created Bugs Bunny and the other looney tunes were wild. A documentary I saw about them once said that most people were scared to go into their area of the studio because they never knew what kind of crazyness they would be up to.

7. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Whoooo lives in a pineapple under the sea??? .....Absorbent and yellow and porous is he!

LOL! Yes, I know the whole song..sad huh? But if you want to have some fun, get a couple of folks and loudly sing this in harmony at the next get-together you attend!

8. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    SMURFS?????????
    Matt.....please tell me you didn't have a thing for the blonde one....my saturdays i had to many chores to do to watch cartoons but daddy always called me in to watch Mid-Atlantic Wrestling....now that's good T.V.

9. Ellis

Ellis New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    Dude, spongebob is awesome. I even watch it, just dont hate it and watch it. You'll love it :tounge_out:

10. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Just be thankful it's not Barney!

11. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I am sure glad my youngest is 25. I hate cartoons and i caught a bit of that spongebob garbage I found no good learning values in it nothing from what I watch just some rather anoying lunacy. I pity you guys stuck having to hear it every day. Hang tough they grow up fast then you wont have to hear that stuff.

12. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I don't know, my sons 18 and he still likes it, LOL. I don't know about these kids today. :roll_eyes:

13. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Rocko's Modern Life is the best Nickelodeon show ever. I miss Looney Tunes.

14. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    LOL I feel for ya lol and I sure know what you mean about kids these days lol.

15. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    my kids love it also, at our local fireworks show, there's a dj with music. everyyear they play sponge bob with a lighted ground show of him, all the kids go nuts. also they have road runner and snoppy.

16. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Hang in there guys.I out lived "Big Bird" with my children and "Barney"with my grandchildren.Theres hope for you.peewee-williams

17. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    peewee how on earth did you keep your sanity with the barney era lol Man i hated barney lol think i still havnt regained my sanity with that one my grankid loved barney. and good ole seaseme street heh we wont even go there lol.

18. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w
    Same here Brother, Mid Atlantic Wrestling was the greatest! Around here it used to come on at 12 noon then at 11:30pm and another show came on after that.

19. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Are you Ready KIDS!! aye, aye captain,

I can't hear you! AYE AYE CAPTAIN!

Ohhhhhhhh.......Who lives in a pineapple under the sea

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!:eek:oooh:

Absorbant and yellow and porous is he

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!:wink:

His nautical nonsense be something you wish

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!:tounge_out:

Then drop on the deck and flop like a fish

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!:roll_eyes:

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS, SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS, SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!!!!

20. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Talk about a sponge bob obsession... at my family reunion we had a sponge bob pinata and a lot of the kids refused to hit it!!!

When they did finally break it open after a lot of coaching... my 12 year old sister picked up the pieces and he traveled 300 miles home in pieces!!!

I miss Dennis the Mennis, smurfs, the old transformers, Popeye, Even teenage mutant Ninja turtles... todays cartoons are total trash...