Splenda vs Equal vs Sweet N Low

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by teaysvalleyguy, Jul 10, 2006.

What "Sugar Substitute" do you prefer??

1. Splenda

2. Equal

3. Sween and Low

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Well, as many of you know I am on a diet. I try to fix alot of Tea around the house and always have some "sugar substitute" with me. What do you prefer of the 3??

Splenda is all I use because it is derived from sugar and their are no warnings about it causing cancer in lab rats. It does leave a funky after taste though.

Equal I think tastes better but has a warning on the back.

Sweet and Low I am no fan of in any way. I think I would rather drink the tea plain.

So, what do you use??

2. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    I like Splenda but have to use more of it than Equal. Cost more also but it is probablt better for ya. Keep on keeping off!

3. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    haven't got to that point where i replace my regular suger in my tea yet....lol

4. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Must be nice, LMAO.

I used to go to Damons on Sundays during the football season. I would get there are 11:30 and leave at halftime during the Sunday night game. They have 4 big screens up there with a different game on each one. I would drink 8 pitchers of ice tea and 2 small boxes of sugar. I am amazed that I dont have diabetes. LMAO

5. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    lucky that i still live in God's country where the tea is already sweet when ya get it

6. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I like splenda much better than the other sweeteners.

TVG, you might have already tried this, but try adding fresh squeezed lemon or lemon juice to it and it helps out with the "funky after taste".

7. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Brandon I have never tried that. It sounds like a great idea. Thanks alot brother.

8. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    splenda tastes the best, but it seems you need to use a whole gob of it compared to sweet-n-low. Splenda cost's a little more too, and being the cheap ba#$@#d that i am i go with the sweet-n-low:big_smile:

9. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Splenda doesn't have the aftertaste as much as the other stuf f

10. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks everyone for the reply. I appreciate it. I have 3 big bags of Splenda left over from Atkins a while ago. LMAO Will use it up in no time the way I am going.

11. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Spleanda seems to be the sugar substitue of choice. It is derived from Sugar Cane so that is probably the reasoning behind it.

12. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Chesterfield South Carolina
    I like the Splenda best of theses 3.

13. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I to prefer splenda but I also like to use honey, have you tried this.

14. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I like equal but I've never had any of the others. I hardly ever eat sweets and the only thing I use equal in is cold cereal and that's once in a blue moon. I like my tea without sweetners but with lemon.

15. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    I'm a little biased, since I used to make it at my old job, but I voted for Splenda. It's taste is the most similar to sugar of any of the other high intensity artificial sweetners on the market today.

16. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Alan, if you helped make it and still eat it. That is enough to help me make up my mind. LMAO

17. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I voted for Equal but I can't tell any difference in the taste of Equal or Splenda. We buy it or Equal, which ever is cheaper.

I started using Equal when it first came out many years ago. Up to the time all sweetener contain saccharine which I didn't like for it left a bitter taste. I though Equal was the greatest for I could drink all the diet coke I wanted calorie free. Back then wife and I would drink a 2 liter at a sitting.

I also use it on cereal and wife sweetens fresh strawberries.

18. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That is good Dayton. I just use Splenda because it is derived from Sugar Cane and does not have any cancer causing substances in it. But heck, who knows. It could end up being the worst one out there. New products, ya never know.

19. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    lol just use real sugar guys! substitutes are bad!!! just tryin to help brothas out.:tounge_out:

20. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Hey man, I got weight to lose. Tired of my car crying everytime I get in it. LMAO