Spittin' mad preacher

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by steve_b124, Dec 9, 2008.

1. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    When we came in Saturday night I was beat. After cleaning the catch I didn't have anything left and did not unload the boat. Somebody decided to help do it. :sad2: They took my 4 spinning outfits and my trolling motor battery. Didn't get the 6 baitcasters in the rod box or anything else. The only satisfaction I got from it is there's a good bit of blood on the side of the boat. I hope one of the 8\0 Gamatsuku's is buried up the eye in their arm. :cool2: I know, not nice for a preacher to say, but I'm a man also. Make that a fisherman.:confused2:

The rods they took were outfits I bought for when I take my son or nephew with me. 2 Olympic 2500's on Berkley big game rods, 1 Pro Team Diawa on an Ugly Stick cat rod, and 1 Mitchell Big Cat outfit.

The deputy took a report and snapped a couple of pictures, but didn't give much hope. They won't take blood samples or prints on such a small case - not worth the effort. You can tell he ain't no fisherman! I think I will check out a couple of pawn shops this week, who knows?

God Bless All, even the low down thief that stole my stuff,
    Steve

2. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Two things in this World I cannot stand.

1. A liar

2. A Thief

Sounds like you seen one of them...

They can't hide from GOD.. They will reap what they sow..

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Really sorry to hear of your loss hope you find it.Do as I have stated before get a cheap in graver, put name or some sort of code (only you know) on all your stuff.May not keep it form being taken but makes it easier to identify your stuff if found.

4. zmany2k

zmany2k New Member

State:
    APG, MD
    All i can say is good luck with it. the police probably won't even keep thier eyes out for it. not valuable enough to them, though it was to you.

5. BrianD

BrianD New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Sorry to hear that. Thats a horrible feeling. A couple years ago, right before I left for Iraq for the second time, my house got broken into twice within a three month period. Makes you sick......I hate a thief

6. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Steve you can check the pawn shops but something I found out when some things were stolen. The pawn shops wont help you out much at all. they are protected. they cant tell you anything. if someone pawned it or sold it they got to hold it for 30 days before they can put it out for sell. even if it is yours you cant get it back without the pawn ticket. if you see it there you may never know who took it. I had a yamaha genarator stole from me. the only way I got it back the sreial number. My cousin owns a towing service and knows alot of cops and he gave me an investigators number and I called him and he ran the number tjrough a pawn shop data base and found the serial number. then he gave me a another number and said he couldnt do anything. so I called the other number and they said they would check in to it. then about a week later I got a phone call to meet an officer at the pawn shop. here in greenville they use drug money to purchase stolen things back like that. we met there the cop and shop owner went in the back and a few min. later came out I signed some papers and left. I still dont know who took it. I was informed by mail they were picked up and due in court but they didnt say who they were or what the charges were. that may be that way to protect the owner as well as the person who stole it. it almost isnt worth the trouble of trying to recover it. but good luck trying to get it back.

7. riverosa

riverosa New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I know how you feel, had over $5000 of equipment taken from my boat when I was heavy into tournament bass fishing. Insurance paid but could never replace all that was lost. A lot of the cops are relatives and friends they said there was no way to catch these people unless they were caught in the act.
    I know it makes you sick and angry, but they will get theirs one way or another.

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Preach God works in mysterious ways theres blood in yer boat:eek:oooh:Ya think????:crazy::roll_eyes: I know it bites fo sure and real sorry to hear this!

9. Chalk

Chalk New Member

State:
    Union, South Carolina
    I had the same thing happen to me. Guy took my rods, tackle box, trolling motor, and battery charger the day before I was going on vacation. The coops did recover my trolling motor , battery charger and 2 rods. I ended up losing 4 rods and the most important thing my tackle box. The guy who done it had just served 5 yrs in Prison and they locked him up for a couple of hours for stilling my stuff. I really think that was no kind of punishment and I still have got nothing for my lose. These type of people really make me sick.:angry:

10. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Steve, it's an unfortunate reality that crappy things happen to good people :angry: However, karma always has a way of paying things back: In turn, something good will come your way, and the thief will eventually get his payback. I'm thinking that if your rods were stolen from your yard, it's probably one or more kids being opportunists. Maybe Santa will be extra good to you this Christmas :big_smile:

11. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Dang Steve, I sorry to hear that. Things like that make you feel your privacy was violated. It's probably someone that lives near ya and they'll probably be back for more later since they were successful. :wink:

12. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Sorry to hear that, seems like its happening alot nowadays.:angry:
    One thing you might try is Craigslist. Do a search for your area, you might come up with something. I know there is alot of stolen stuff on there. I have seen people posting stuff wanting to meet at a gas station.:tounge_out:
    Most criminals are DUMB. Not all, but most.

13. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Thanks guys,

I have a good idea of who it is. Just don't have any proof yet. Someone close to the family has been stealing, even from his momma, to support a drug habit. I would like to confront him personally, but I know I would lose my cool and do something I would regret. I unloaded everything else from the boat and locked it in the barn. I wish I had a place to lock up the boat, but do not. I do have a Pit Bull and a 12 gauge. And a fence charger. And some black powder and ignitors. Hmmmmmm.....

14. justaredneck

justaredneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    sorry that happened to you,i would almost rather have someone steal my wife before my fishing gear. hope u are able to get some of your stuff back. and i agree u reap what u sow.

15. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Reckon I could run an add, "Will give wife for reward for the return of stolen fishing gear"? "She ain't much of a cook and won't clean fish, got a sassy mouth and a mean streak, but she's purdy, 'cept when she first gits up." I'll be sure to meet them somewhere for the swap so they won't know where to bring her back to.

PS: Honey if you read this I'm only kidding, really I am, I promise it's all a joke. Yes your tater soup is my favorite, I didn't eat it the other night because my stomach was messed up. Yes Dear.

16. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    sorry to hear that steve,theres a lot of sorry people in this world,if i ever catch someone trying to steal my stuff ....i will leave him laying where he was standing,just with a few extra holes:angry:

17. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    If the police refused to take a sample of the blood for dna, they are not doing their job.

18. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes.:eek:oooh:

For sale: 2 Olympic 2500's on Berkley big game rods, 1 Pro Team Diawa on an Ugly Stick cat rod, and 1 Mitchell Big Cat outfit. Slightly used trolling motor battery. I will meet you anywhere! :wink:

Sorry to hear about your loss steve! I have a master bedroom in my home that my wife often refers to as a "Tackle Store"! If I can be of assistance I would be glad to donate some rigs to ya!! Just let me know. They aren't top notch but they all will catch a fish, guaranteed!

Sometimes God let's things happen to us in order to perfect Himself in us. Learn this lesson only once! :wink: Sorry Bro.!

19. preacherfisherman

preacherfisherman Member

State:
    SC
    Name:
    Tommy
    Steve, I don't know you personally, but I do know you are a man of God. I know preachers get mad because I do, but look at it this way. Everything that God lets happen in our lives is a learing experience, some good or some bad. In Romans 8:28 the Bible says " And we know ALL things works together for good to THEM that LOVE GOD, to them who are the called according to HIs purpose". THe Bible also says in Proverbs 3:5-6 " Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. IN all thy ways acknowlwdge Him and he shall direct thy paths". I don't mean to preach to you, I just want to encourage you, God uses anything for His good. You might not understand it now, but just trust Him and He will direct your paths. God's way is always better. Hey Steve your in my prayers and if you need anything I will help you any way I can.

20. SC Backwoods Baitman

SC Backwoods Baitman New Member

State:
    Union,South Carolina
    Steve,
    Sorry to hear about your stuff. I have been in the same situation. I saw where Chalk replied earlier in this thread the same guy must have hit him and then came by my place. But keep your hopes up The detectives were able to find and return most of my stuff. If you need anything let me know.