Spirit Lake Iowa fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by shield64k, May 26, 2006.

1. shield64k

shield64k New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I got the next few weekends off from work and looking to do some fishing in Spirit Lake. Probably about 90% catfish and 5% bass fishing and 5% beer drinking.

Anyone want to meet up give me a PM or post here.

-Bill

2. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Best of luck. Hope you catch a bunch. I will be fishing in the southern part of the state.

3. Brushy Bill Roberts

Brushy Bill Roberts New Member

State:
    Spencer Indiana
    That is a great looking lake. I have never fished there, but I have rode by it on the bicycle a couple of times.
    (Veteran of 11 RAGBRAI rides)
    I love that state!
    Go Hawkeyes!!!

4. shield64k

shield64k New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Crazy ragbrai riders :)

I love it up there, such great fishing. Great place for kids too, lots of bullheads in certain areas for them.

Went fishing earlier today in Storm Lake Iowa. A guy was nice enough to give us a couple stripers. Never seen them before but they are chillin in slat water in the fridge, gonna snack on them tomorrow.

Couldn't believe the fish activity though, the fish were jumping like mad, never seen anything like it before. I am so hungry for a fried bass or walleye fillet with cheese on a warmed up roll.

Went to th grocery store to get some shirmp for tonight, freaking 10.99 lb for fresh walleye. But anyways, summer is here and the fishing is just beginning. Can't wait to get into some catfish for once!

-Bill

5. shield64k

shield64k New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Heading up Friday night. Anyone wanna hook up for some catfshing?

-Bill