Spinning setup for the wife?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by nralover, Jan 12, 2010.

1. nralover

nralover New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    Guys, my wife doesn't like casting reels, but wants a quality spinning setup for bigger cats. What would be a topnotch combo for her?

2. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    i would recommed a okuma in the 65-90 size withbaitfeeder systemand a ugly stik tiger 7'6 m/h spinning rod
    a bullet proof combo im my mind

3. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    For my wife I got her the shimano baitrunner reel (4500) for the big cats. For channels I got her the rhino, rsc3 and rsc5 spincast reels. The rhinos are on ugly stik rods med. and med. hvy, the shimanos are on ugly stik big water (9'). She wants a lighter rod for the shimanos, I've been shopping. I think the new shimanos are better made for woman, they are more compact and they have a smaller size.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  4. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Cabelas salt striker and a surge tropy cat rod!!!Bit pricey but ultimate combo!!!

5. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Im Trying to hold it in and am doing a damn good job at it..Just lettin you know i could say something..LMAO..Just messin with ya Brother!!!

6. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY

:shut-mouth: well shut my mouth..... :smile1::smile1:

7. tricitycatter

tricitycatter Member

State:
    Washington
    I agree with blucatnut, an Okuma baitrunner in the 65 - 80, with a Whuppin Stick MH or H for big cats, Course you can't go wrong with an Ugly Stick either. I have the Avenger 55 but I wish I would have gotten the 65, it runs $54.99 & has 7 BB (6BB-1RB), the Epixor would be a great buy as well has 10 BB (9BB-1RB) & runs $84.99. Both have a bait feeder model or just plain spinning reel. Okuma's web site : www.okumafishing.com

8. pennsyvinn

pennsyvinn Member

State:
    PA
    I don't know if this will help,I just put together a combo for my 8 year old boy.I got a new never fished baitrunner 3500 off ebay & put it on a 8 foot glowstick.I have less than $100 in it & it feels real nice.The 3500 has a smaller handle than the 4500,so i think the 3500 is better for smaller hands.The downfall is line capacity is 185/14 which is 100 yards less than the 4500,but I don't see that as an issue.

9. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    Just a note I did buy the shimanos off e-bay new in box, 50.00 cheaper than what they sold for in stores, including shipping. There are good buys on e-bay if you do your home work and you are patient.

10. pennsyvinn

pennsyvinn Member

State:
    PA
    I have a baitrunner 4500 0n a 7'6" surge trophy cat rod m/h,it's my go to spinning outfit for flathead,another good choice.

11. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

All my wifes setups are Cabelas Saltstriker baitfeeder reels(size 50 and 65,s) paired with Cabelas Whuppinstik rods.The reels are made by Okuma and are exact replicas of their Epixor models and a few dollars cheaper.The rods are all either MH or H.Quite a few are over 5-6 years old and I have yet to have a malfunction on any of the reels.Their rods are guaranteed for 10 years,new rod,no questions asked.I,ve sent a few back in pieces that I closed in tailgates,4-5 days-new rod in the mail.