spinning rod or baitcasting rod?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by brinley45cal, Oct 18, 2005.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I was wandering if someone could answer this for me.I have an ABU 7000,can you put these on a spinning rod or baitcasting rod?Or could you put it on either one?And if you could give me a reason why.Thanks

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    You can put it on a spinning rod but it wont cast as well, also the balance will be off. For the same price you can get a casting rod.

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Spincast rods have the backbone on the opposite side that bait casters require. So to make this short, I would not recomend it.
    Baitcasters require casting rods!

4. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    the problem im having is finding a baitcasting rod in an 8 footer.The only ones i can find in 8 feet are spinning rods.I need and 8 footer for an ABU7000 any suggestions?

5. skippy

skippy New Member

State:
    cincinnati ohio
    Shakespear makes an ugly stick in a 8' casting rod, bass pro has their cat-max available in an 8' length...

6. skippy

skippy New Member

State:
    cincinnati ohio
    you could also goto catfish connection, they have an on-line catalog..

7. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    I could always build you one. one peace or 2?

8. Mathersm

Mathersm New Member

State:
    Darbydale, Ohio
    I use a baitcaster on one of my 8 foot spinning rod's but the baitcaster I use is for trolling.

9. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    You could also look into the Quantum BigCat series I have two and they are great!

10. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    i was thinking about ordering one from catfish connection or some place like that but i like to feel the rod in my hand to see how it feels to me.But at this point i may not have a choice.For some reason around here dosnt carry any bait casting rods past 7 footers,so i dont know what to do.I have a new 10 footer im going to get rid of,ive fished with it maybe three times but i dont like it,its just to big for me,i cant cast it.so ill probably sell it or something.

11. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I don't know where you fish which is a good reason to fill in your profile but look in the saltwater line of rods by anybody.You should be able to find one if not look at Cabelas etc.If you don't like the rod they have an ironclad return policy.Get a baitcasting rod you wont like the results with a spinning rod.

12. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I would get a casting rod. I always try to match the rod with the reel I am using.