spinning reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by catoon, Apr 12, 2009.

1. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    i am gonna start bank fishing for flats i am gonna use my older spining reels with no bait clickers any other method of alarm other than the old bells?

2. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    Loud alarm or soft alarm?

3. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    Check out the "Bite Buzzer" It looks interesting.

4. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Tightline with some 8" glowsticks and a kahle hook.:wink:

5. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    How about piercing one of your ears. Take small small test line and hook it from your main line to an ear ring. Surely that would get your attention.....:eek:oooh:

6. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Richard, I use spinning reels and baitcasting reels for Flatheads. When I'm using spinning reels for Flatheads, I will put the rod in a secure bank rod holder, Put an 8" glow stick on the end of the rod and loosen the drag just a little bit so when a big Flathead takes the bait, he can also take some line and then I just pick up the rod and tighten the drag to the desired setting and cross his eyes with a big 9/0 Kahle hook....works great!:wink:

7. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Close your bail, loosen the drag,My Daiwa 7000 spincaster zzzzzings pretty good,, try bells :embarassed:, maybe, glowsticks, near the tip.

no baitcasters? by the time you buy a bunch of bells and glowsticks a few times,,,, you could pick up a pretty nice reel with a baitclicker,, that will last for years..

8. reelnuttynick

reelnuttynick New Member

State:
    illinois
    should you use a bell on the earring?

9. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    heres one that works that you probably have around the house.
    Get an empty spool of thread,take the spool thread it on your line close to the reel.Then take a stick or dowel rod and stick it in the ground.Then pull the thread spool down and stick the center of the spool on the stick.When you get a bite the fish pulls on the line and the spool flies up making a noise when it makes contact with your rod and fish on.Simple effective and cheap.