Spinning reels anyone know of any good cheap ones

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by JMarrs328, May 16, 2006.

1. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Anyone know of any good, cheap, spinning reels? I'm getting a new baitcast for one rod, and a spinning reel for the other. Thanks for the help!!!:cool2:

2. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    Wally world has some pretty nice Shakespeare combos for $20 ish. I have two and have caught upto around 8-10 lbs on one. no problems, already spooled with 20# test line.

3. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I have 2 rods set up with the Daiwa silver series 2600c reels which you'll find on EBAY for around $20 bucks or so used. I love the reels and have caught many cats on them. They are quality cheap reels

4. flat1

flat1 New Member

State:
    WV
    i have a Quantum Trophy modelQT60 i picked up at wally world a few years ago i have busted 3 rods and it still works like a new one on rod number 4 i think i paid about 35 bucks for the combo

5. graybeard

graybeard New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I think for the money the Mitchell 300 series in whatever size you prefer is as good as you can get. Be wary about too cheap, you usually get what you pay for.

6. TNcat

TNcat New Member

State:
    TN
    I haven't used a Shimano spinning reel that I haven't liked.

7. beaneye46

beaneye46 New Member

State:
    indiana
    i use a shakespear baitrunner and loved it so far, ive caught some big fish and its held up good. plus you can set the drag harder than any other reel ive used.

8. reel pleasure

reel pleasure New Member

State:
    New jersey
    I'm with Tncat,shimano Has a line of spinnin reels at all prices and prolly the best in quality for the lesser priced reels.

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Wally world has a shakespear contender R/R for 30$ good for the money can catch what seems to be some fairly decent sized cats.

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    You can also look on ebay and find good deals on used reals. I've bought quite a few rods and reels on there!

11. Spongiform

Spongiform New Member

State:
    Virginia
  12. Phillips

Phillips New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Okuma Azul is a good spinning reel