Spinning reel with clicker?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by on_the_fly, Jun 15, 2007.

1. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I just got two new 15 foot rods and was wondering if I went with a spinning reel if anyone knew if there was a reel out there that will hold 2 to 300 yrds of 30Lbs of line and had a bait clicker. all my cat rods now I use casting reels all tide water reels but I'm not shure if the will keep up with the casting. because with my 8 and 10 foot rods I think the reels have trouble keeping up with line release on casting but they work .

2. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Wow, 15ft., yer gonna have a shortage of shade aren't ya. I've never seen a spinner with a clicker, cept a closed face.
    :smile2:

3. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I realy wasnt sure because I dont use spinning reels besides for my ultra light rod and I do have one on a 10 foot rod I only use for spoonbill. other than that I'm a bait caster man all the way. and on the new 15 footers Ill probable start off with the tide water reels and see if they will keep up or not.

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    The Shimano Baitrunners, the Okuma Avenger and Epixor Baitfeeders, and the Penn Captiva Live Liners all have a baitrunner feature that allows line out with a light clicking sound. Beware that some of these models are also available in versions without the baitrunner feature – be sure if you order one that it says baitrunner, baitfeeder, or live liner.

Don’t expect them to be very loud, but they do basically what a casting reel with a baitclicker does. An added advantage is that some of them have a separate “mini drag” that allows adjustment of the tension required to pull line out.

I don’t have any of these, just passing along the information.

5. criggster

criggster New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I bought a Penn Captiva last year, it has the baitrunner function. I really like it a lot. You can adjust the amount of tension to engage the free spool, and it doesn't effect the drag tension, because it is controlled by a seperate knob. It holds 185 yards of 20lb. test, but I spooled mine with Power Pro.

6. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    I've got a 6500 Shimano Baitrunner...It's got a clicker on it, but you can barely hear it, or I can't....I also like the Okuma Coronado CD-90....Never had one, but Okuma makes good reels....If I went with a regular spinning reel I would go with a Pflueger Medalist 6080....Dwight

7. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Checkout the Okuma Coronado 90.

8. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    I have the Okuma Avenger. The reel is very smooth but the bait clicker is not very loud. I have had several small fish hit it with the clicker engaged and never heard it.

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I would remend a Shimano 4500BTR or 6500BTR Baitunner spinning reel.

10. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    First of all, the info on the Loudness of the CLICKERS is True! They are not LOUD at all. They can be heard on all reels suggested, but you need to pay attention to them. The Bench-Mark line of reels come from Shimano and all others are Newcomers! The Okumas are Fantastic reels for the money and will serve you well. Either of the Baitfeeder series models will have the CLICKER built in and will SAVE you tackle and Heartache when used. JMHO!!!!!!

HIOPPY4