Spinnerbaits

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by cathunter600, Feb 2, 2009.

1. cathunter600

cathunter600 New Member

State:
    alabama
    How do you work a spinnerbait and where should you position the rod to detect a bite.

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Shoot, there's more ways to work a spinnerbait than there are ways to clean catfish. Everything from burning them just under the surface to slow-rolling them across the bottom. One way I always liked (back when I fished for bass) was to throw it back into woody cover, and when it came across a log or something, let it fall. That often draws a strike.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with Jerry on this one. It all depends on what the fish are wanting on that day. All the methods mentioned work at one time or another. Great bait.

4. 07_hemi_thunderroad

07_hemi_thunderroad New Member

State:
    north caro
    this is a very good question! i am a very big fan of the spinner baits! what i like to do is to throw it around structure, and start moving it back in slow! hold the rod tip down and keep the line down. i also like to throw them right on the outside of lily pads and tall grass to try to pull the bass out of the cover! you can work a spinner bait a lot of different way slow, fast, crank, stop crank stop action and many more way just try the basic throw and reel in then work on other ways to trick the bass with the spinner bait!