spinnerbaits at night

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by SSgt Fishslayer, Jun 30, 2009.

1. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    for those of you that fish the canals or even the akes at night i have something for you. as we all know sometiems the catfishing can be slow and the bites might not come for a while. well if you get bored take a (dare i say it) bass rod along rigged with a 1/2 oz spinnerbait. i have found that the most productive ones have large tandem blades, with the main blade being a willow leaf. the best colors are anything that looks like a bream. i figured this out one night being bored so i picked one up and just started casting. the third cast i caught a 5lbs lgmouth. within a half hour i had caught 6 bass, all over 2 lbs. i thought it was a flue so i tried it again 2 weeks later. same results. i have done this about 8 times in a row now and it always produces. give it a shot, you never kow what might happen.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Joey for the spinner bait info. Here in Illinois I have also had luck on spinner baits night fishing. I like a solid black spinner bait with a large #7 black Colorado blade. I also like rattletraps all black. My most consistent luck comes on an all black Muskie Jitterbug.

3. AZBADBOYCATFISH

AZBADBOYCATFISH New Member

State:
    PHOENIX ARIZONA
    thanks for the info, where you fishing

4. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    yes skunk it is to try and catch the disgusting little bass. i used to be a bass fisherman until i saw the light and came over from the dark side and now i am a cat man. but when i am not getting bites i figure that catching one bass beats not catching anything. plus it helps pass the time till the kitties come out to play.
    mickey i have tried black where we are at and i dont get nearly the response from them that i do the bream colored ones. i dont know why.

bad boy, right now i am not fishing aywhere because i am sitting in the middle of afghanistan, but when i do fish it is usually in the canals or the colorado dow by yuma. this seems to work th best in coves jsut outside of the current.

5. AzHeadHunter

AzHeadHunter New Member

State:
    Arizona
    On a slow night I'll give it a shot...

JD

6. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I wish i could cary frag nades. I'd send them down to the bass alright. I have cussed so many bass fisherman out at the crack of dawn fishing around my poles, it is sickning. Even peed at one, one time. Still didn't get the point. Is it legal to have a deck mounted, belt fed .308? LOL

7. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks for your service and i hope for your safe return!!!!

8. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    travis, i'm a old retired grouch marine that is now handicapped slightly. i've been known to let loose with a 9 mm into water next to boat. should see them take off then. LOL. az has open carry and i have a ccw license also, so never go out at night without something along. not afraid to pull and use if needed either.
    gary

9. AZBADBOYCATFISH

AZBADBOYCATFISH New Member

State:
    PHOENIX ARIZONA
    yeah i hope you have a same return aswell SSgt fishslayer. to bad your not home fishing where its safe well not for the cats..

10. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    thanks gents. just thought i would pass that along, i know i hate being bored out there when the bite is slow. as far as a belt fed .308 goes, i am not sure if it is not legal, i havent seen or heard anything against it, you can always be the first though. lol. i would suggest a MK-19 (full auto belt fed 40 mm grenade laucher) i am sure this will handle a bass boat better than a .308

11. vinny383

vinny383 New Member

State:
    gilbert,arizona
    thanks alot, ive caught a couple the other day in the canal board waitng on cats but i used a small shad style crankbait and i caught 3 about a pound apiece withn a half hour it was taking up time so i didnt mind, but i will now try the spinnerbait! thx again

12. AZOutlaw

AZOutlaw New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Sounds fun. I will give it a try.

13. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I will have to try that someday. Thanks for the info. SGT Shorey out