Spincast/Rod combo?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Ellis, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Ellis

Ellis New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    Anyone know a nice cheap spincast/rod combo i can get anywhere? Im a catfisherman so I have 2 have baitcasters. But ive got hooked on a little bass and bluegill fishing. Im looking to spend maybe $60 tops on it. Thanks.

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    An ugly stik combo would work.

3. graybeard

graybeard New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ugly stick with one of the new Zebco 33s would be hard to beat, IMO.

4. Ellis

Ellis New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    Thanks guys, Also I like chaseing carp around as well, So it seems like ugly stick and something is the way to go.

5. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    man i bought a combo called the HAWG at wal-mart at the start of this year and it's really one of the best combos i have. it only cost about 30-35 dollars

6. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    get a ugly stick with a abu reel of your choice that should put you right at about your budget and you will have a nice setup

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Try the Contender you get both R/R for about 30 bucks

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    They have some r/r combos at Wal-mart for 19.97. Thats what I've got and have no compliant.for what your wanting to do ghey would be great. They are pretty darn tough.

9. sneezer

sneezer New Member

State:
    pa.
    One word.....RHINO!

10. Greg32

Greg32 New Member

State:
    Northeast Kansas
    I have a rhino titanium/zebco 33 medium action combo that I received as a gift. Its a nice set up for bass/panfish (maybe a bit overkill on the small ones!) But I like the setup, it'll cast pretty far and has enough backbone to land whatever strikes w/o worry of failure. I also have a rhino titanium/zebco 733 medium/heavy action that I snagged with the above setup. After a bit of cleaning and oiling/grease it works without fail. I believe both combos are available at walmart for around 35 to 40 bucks... that'll leave you $20 for hooks/weights etc... For what I have invested in hem they are good combos.

Good luck!

Greg