Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Spincast for the Grands

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  bownero 
#1 ·
Have two grand daughters 4&7 need two good small spincast for brim and crappie, does anyone have any recomendations?

#4 ·
I started my kids out with an ultra light spinning combo and it has worked out fine so far. I guess I see the "character" poles as more toys. My 6 year old daughter went with me to Academy the other day, and told me she wanted a fishing pole. She has 3 older brothers so she knows about fishing. I told her not this trip. The next thing I knew, she was holding a pole she wanted, not a $20.00 Zebco "Barbie" pole, but a pink Pflueger spinning combo, about $70.00.... (on second thought, those Zebcos might be a good idea after all) :wink:

#6 ·
I started my kids out with an ultra light spinning combo and it has worked out fine so far. I guess I see the "character" poles as more toys. My 6 year old daughter went with me to Academy the other day, and told me she wanted a fishing pole. She has 3 older brothers so she knows about fishing. I told her not this trip. The next thing I knew, she was holding a pole she wanted, not a $20.00 Zebco "Barbie" pole, but a pink Pflueger spinning combo, about $70.00.... (on second thought, those Zebcos might be a good idea after all) :wink:

get her that pink combo brother ! i'd love to have a little daughter that wanted to fish with me .
if you get it for her and she decides she dont want to fish anymore you can always sell it to DH or WJ i hear they are plumb crazy about pink fishing gear ...........:wink: .
seriously be proud that she picked out a nice little serious outfit and has enthusiasm for the sport .
my sons do the same to me come walking up with a $$$$ pole or reel and cow eyes ..............:roll_eyes: hard to say no .

#8 ·
Every try using one of those cartoon rods and reels .............youd have to be excellent at fishing to even catch a fish with one. I would seriously warn against ruining a kids outlook on fishing with these .

great point rob !!

nothing will dampen the spirits than a crappy fishin rig that contsantly messes
up .
i have an old johnson century that matched with a nice little pole is a great beater that ive never had a lick of problem out of it .
ebay has em and they are worth every penny for a dependable reel that you can let a kid use and know they cant hurt it and it will not screw up on them .

Attachments

#9 ·
thanks for the replies, Been there with the snoopies and such. looking for something good for the small hands I bought a small Zebco micro something loaded with 4lb. test the other day and put it on a old pistol grip berkly lightnin rod that I had and it seems to cast well and is pretty smooth. Thanks again.

#11 ·
get her that pink combo brother ! i'd love to have a little daughter that wanted to fish with me .
if you get it for her and she decides she dont want to fish anymore you can always sell it to DH or WJ i hear they are plumb crazy about pink fishing gear ...........:wink: .
seriously be proud that she picked out a nice little serious outfit and has enthusiasm for the sport .
my sons do the same to me come walking up with a $$$$ pole or reel and cow eyes ..............:roll_eyes: hard to say no .
Her birthday is in June..... She may very well end with a dad who's 70.00 bucks poorer. But you are right, if she wants to fish, she will be the best outfitted little girl you ever saw if i have anything to do with it!... The "eyes" have it!:0a1:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.