spinal surgery

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by txthumper1691, Jun 21, 2008.

1. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    Prayer requests are needed. I had a disc slip between my 5th an 6th verterbra, in th process a piece broke off and has wedged itself between my 5th vert and th spinal chord pinchin th nerve that goes to my right shoulder. I have been dealing w/th pain for over 3 months now, and last week had an MRI to find out what was causing all this pain. Th doc says I cant pick up more than 10 lbs, suck, cuz I havent fished in 2 months due to th pain, and after th surgery I will be laid up for over 2 weeks, w/I dont know how much rehab. I go in July 1 to see spine doc, will schedule surgery then. will keep y'all posted.

Thanks ahead of time for any and all prayers.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Prayers are sent for you Brother!!! I know exactly what you're going through. I have a fractured T3 Vertebrae and I've been dealing with it for a VERY long time. They just did an MRI about 2 months ago and found out then it was broke. They said there's an 85%+ chance of surgery to repair it.
    Also, I've got a major problem with my low back, I had Fusion between L4-L5 almost 5 years ago and had a seizure over 3 weeks ago and messed it up bad again. The pain between the 2 has got me down to where I haven't been out of the house in over 3 weeks and not fished in almost 2 months or so. More than likely I'll be going through 2 surgeries next month. I see the Neurosurgeon next month to find out what exactly he is gonna do. Hopefully sooner than the 16th of July because the pain meds aren't helping at all!!!
    Prayers are sent and If you need to talk, PM me, I know EXACTLY what you're going through and I feel for you. Its Pure Hell!!!!!:angry::sad2:

3. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    I have also been there and done that. I have had two surgery's on my lower back. That pain is something no one will understand unless they have been through it. I hope you have as much success as I had with your back/neck surgery Both of you ... Prays and good wishes sent to you both from North Mo.

4. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Thoughts and prayers are with you.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'll be praying for you Kieth. Get well my friend.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    nothing much worse than back problems, i hope and pray everything turns out ok.

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Prayers sent from Nevada.

8. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    With prayers from home and abroad, I am sure to come thru this just fine, just so long as I dont get to ambitious too early try to do too much too soon, I should heal better than before. I am sure I will be back in my boat in no time and runnin trotlines and chasing that ever elusive giant blue once again. Many thanks to each and every one who has sent their prayers and best wishes. I never imagined that I would be askin for prayers for myself, but I am glad that its me an not my kids or wife.

9. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Keith, my thoughts and prayers go out to you. keep the faith brother. quite a few of the people i know have had back surgery the last few years and it is just amazing what these doctors can do now a days. just remember to listen to what the doctors and therapists tell ya. if ya need somethin or want to vent a little just give a shout.

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Our prayers go out to you, god bless

11. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thoughts are with you. Good luck!!

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Keith Thoughts and Prayers, sent from So. Illinois.