spillway

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bowhunter66064, Aug 16, 2008.

1. bowhunter66064

bowhunter66064 New Member

State:
    ks
    going to go fish a spillway tonight anyone have any tips ie where to cast close to the wall middle of spillway or close to the bank hoping i can get into some flats ill be using goldfish shad and perch for bait 8ft glowstik tidewater reel thanks this is the best site ive ever seen great people with great info :big_smile:

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    For flats look for eddies and slack current. Also at the head of the whole, just past the white water. Welcome to the BOC.

3. bowhunter66064

State:
    ks
    what if there not much water being released

4. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Just fish close to the bank near big rocks or any structure. Maybe go downsteam aways til you get to a more natural river bank. They are easier to locate. They work the shorelines at night feedin so as long as you stay close to the bank you have a chance. Good luck, maybe you can get an avatar pic.:wink:

5. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Float your live baits under a slip bobber up between the walls at about 8' deep. :wink:

6. bowhunter66064

State:
    ks
    thanks kyle ill let ya know how i do hopefully ill have a pic for that avatar :big_smile:and some small channels for the skillet thanks again

7. bowhunter66064

State:
    ks
    ill try that. this site is the best ask for advice and boom there it is good to know there are still people out there who help others thanks guys

8. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

seems like every spill way has its sweet spot, what spillway u heading to? most fish i catch i get tight to the wall and when the water shuts down i get them in the very head of the spillway where the water dumps in

9. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

ps the slip bobber tip is a good trick

10. bowhunter66064

State:
    ks
    fished the hillsdale spillway didnt have any luck 3 good hits thats it from 8 to 4 not a goood night but you cant catch fish sitting on the couch ill give her another go next weekend but think ill try a diffrent spot

11. bowhunter66064

State:
    ks
    by the way talked to the game warden last night for awhile he was telling me they caught four guys about two weeks ago snagging flats they were in a boat right in the spillway just a jerkin away said the had two over 40 and one over 50 and a few smaller ones lazy s .o. b' s

12. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

people snagging in spillways are very common around here, its sad but common

13. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    GOOD. I hope it was that guy that snagged that 50 lber. the same night Green Dog caught his. :angry: