Spillway

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catmancats, Mar 15, 2007.

1. catmancats

catmancats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Fished below the Deleware res. below the spillway..... caught 2 nice channels ( 4 to 5 lbs each) while fishing the eddies close to shore, my friend had something really huge but couldnt manage to get it in to shore. I told him it was an old boot someone lost and he didnt think it was very funny lol....

We were using fresh cut shad heads and tossing our lines to the edge of the eddies and just letting it do circles around the bank , seemed tobe working we lost quite a few fish cause our lines were slack most of the time due to the currents .....

Cant wait to get the boat on the water and start cleaning house at Alum Creek this year.........

2. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good report, Allen. I've never tried for cats down there. Caught some saugeye and crappie though.

3. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Thats my FAVORITE WAY to get nice size Channels!!! Wait till mid-May to the begining of June after high water. when its still abit high.

I have had big Musky hit cut Shad while doing what u are doing. Only I use a bobber but each spillway is different too.

:haha:

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Thanks for the info Allen. I am heading out tommorrow to a local lake to try for cats and crappie. My first real trip of the year.