Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading about snakes on here alot lately , but I`m curious to see who in the Brotherhood has a fear of spiders. I for one can`t stand spiders, they scare the s*@!% out of me. How many of you feel the same way ?

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
As long as they are far away from me I dont care :smile2:, I hate them but there is this one bug which I dont know what it is but it squishes like a spider has about 5 kabillion legs and looks nasty with long anteni on the front they will make me jump on a chair :crazy::smile2:

·
Banned
6,594 Posts
Zeeb: I don't mind snakes, actually like them. Insects and Arachnids are OK. One of those situations where if you don't bother me I ain't gonna bother you. Kinda like some people in the world.

Corn spiders always bothered me because I was always in the cornfield for one reason or another. The worst is the Brown Recluse. Talk about a spider with an attitude. I was taking down a plenum for a job at a Heating and Cooling place I worked at about 10 years ago. These plenum's had come in from the South. As I pulled it down off the shelf I saw that Witch fall out and into my T-shirt. Before I could get her out she nailed me. Recluses will bite anything and anybody just for the pleasure of it. Kinda like your wife when she is in the mood. She nailed me and it took 4 weeks for it to heal up. Their venom is necrotizing (i.e. dissolving tissue). That wound kept getting bigger and deeper, about the size of quarter when done.

Other than those spiders I like the little devils, they are kinda neat. Have spent many a moment in the woods waiting to kill something watching a spider work.

·
Registered
104 Posts

Gosh yeah I'm scared of spiders BIG time, I don't mind small ones but big ones scare the hell outta me. I just hate the way they move and their hairy legs give me the creeps badly.

If you remember a few years back, there was a film called 8 LEGGED FREAKS and I went to go to the cinema with my dad to see it. 20 minutes into the film I was out straight away, I considered myself proud for staying in there for that long!!!:smile2:

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Spiders...I don't trust them. I don't fear them, but I certainly do not trust them. I've been bit by a recluse also. My wound didn't get all that bad (not as bad as expected), but I had a rash all over my body, fever, and fatigue for a few weeks even after high doses of antibiotics. I hope to never be bitten again. I think spiders rank at the very bottom the list for me.

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
I don't like spiders, mostly cause of the brown recluse,, but black widows don't usually bother me. there are plenty others, but never used to bother me cause there were always lots of em around barns and stuff. Some snakes I don't care for either, used to play with garter snakes. Weren't any poisonous ones where I grew up. Then I became a world traveler and met some big nasty ones.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
As long as they are far away from me I dont care :smile2:, I hate them but there is this one bug which I dont know what it is but it squishes like a spider has about 5 kabillion legs and looks nasty with long anteni on the front they will make me jump on a chair :crazy::smile2:
i bet your talking about cave crickets. they are really ugly and kinda look like spiders, but they are harmless.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
i bet your talking about cave crickets. they are really ugly and kinda look like spiders, but they are harmless.
Just looked them up thats not what they are. It is long (about an inch) with bajillions of legs and 2 anteni at the front. They are about the same color as a house spider (yellowish with green)

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
They could be, you may have just not seen them. Its called a house centipede and from what I read is that they are from California to Ohio maybe everywhere Yuch. Normally you will not see them exept when you turn on the lights in the basement

·
Registered
397 Posts
Certain types of spiders I dislike Wolf Spiders in particular. Yah come to think of it i dislike anything that can bite you when your not looking. Dont mind ants and honey bees...........What I hate worst are Mantis They are very agressive and come at you if you disturb them. Small snakes are no bother and potentially bait.

·
Registered
10,792 Posts
Snakes are kinda cool to me ,but Spiders aint cool at all. I hate em. I once saw a tawny brown baby horned toad scurrying across the yard and thought ,My daughter aint ever seen one this small,I quickly scooped it up and when opening my hand saw it wasn't a horned toad at all ,but a HUGE Grass Spider ,I flung that thing and writhed my whole body for about 10 minets jumpin an howlin bout that dang spider,:angry::confused2::sad2::tounge_out::embarassed::eek:oooh:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.