Spiders

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by zeboman, Apr 21, 2008.

1. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I have been reading about snakes on here alot lately , but I`m curious to see who in the Brotherhood has a fear of spiders. I for one can`t stand spiders, they scare the s*@!% out of me. How many of you feel the same way ?

2. Tyme2fish

Tyme2fish New Member

State:
    Greenville,Indi
    Spiders don't scare me. Now show me a snake and I'll scream like a little girl. EEEEK!!!

3. 45CATFISH

45CATFISH New Member

State:
    HENDERSON,LOUISIANA
    I'M WITH YOU. THERE IS NOTHING LIKE WALKING THROUGH THE WOODS AT NIGHT ONLY TO RUN INTO A BIG A@@ WEB AND YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE THE 8 LEGGED FELLOW IS.

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    As long as they are far away from me I dont care :smile2:, I hate them but there is this one bug which I dont know what it is but it squishes like a spider has about 5 kabillion legs and looks nasty with long anteni on the front they will make me jump on a chair :crazy::smile2:

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    SNAKES, SPIDERS, RATS, SCARE THE HECK OUT OF ME!!!! So I guess if it bites, has long hairy legs, and sneaks around in the darkness im a chicken! I hope my wife shaved this week or she may fall into that catagory:eek:oooh::smile2: :wink:rollo

6. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Zeeb: I don't mind snakes, actually like them. Insects and Arachnids are OK. One of those situations where if you don't bother me I ain't gonna bother you. Kinda like some people in the world.

Corn spiders always bothered me because I was always in the cornfield for one reason or another. The worst is the Brown Recluse. Talk about a spider with an attitude. I was taking down a plenum for a job at a Heating and Cooling place I worked at about 10 years ago. These plenum's had come in from the South. As I pulled it down off the shelf I saw that Witch fall out and into my T-shirt. Before I could get her out she nailed me. Recluses will bite anything and anybody just for the pleasure of it. Kinda like your wife when she is in the mood. She nailed me and it took 4 weeks for it to heal up. Their venom is necrotizing (i.e. dissolving tissue). That wound kept getting bigger and deeper, about the size of quarter when done.

Other than those spiders I like the little devils, they are kinda neat. Have spent many a moment in the woods waiting to kill something watching a spider work.

7. SweetSymphony672

SweetSymphony672 New Member

State:
    England

Gosh yeah I'm scared of spiders BIG time, I don't mind small ones but big ones scare the hell outta me. I just hate the way they move and their hairy legs give me the creeps badly.

If you remember a few years back, there was a film called 8 LEGGED FREAKS and I went to go to the cinema with my dad to see it. 20 minutes into the film I was out straight away, I considered myself proud for staying in there for that long!!!:smile2:

8. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Don't have a problem with spiders at all. But I can't stand snakes.:eek:oooh:

9. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Spiders...I don't trust them. I don't fear them, but I certainly do not trust them. I've been bit by a recluse also. My wound didn't get all that bad (not as bad as expected), but I had a rash all over my body, fever, and fatigue for a few weeks even after high doses of antibiotics. I hope to never be bitten again. I think spiders rank at the very bottom the list for me.

10. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.
    cant stand spiders,if i see one in the house im yelling for the wife. if she aint home i dont go in that room till she does get home. snakes , had them as pets.

11. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I don't like spiders, mostly cause of the brown recluse,, but black widows don't usually bother me. there are plenty others, but never used to bother me cause there were always lots of em around barns and stuff. Some snakes I don't care for either, used to play with garter snakes. Weren't any poisonous ones where I grew up. Then I became a world traveler and met some big nasty ones.

12. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i bet your talking about cave crickets. they are really ugly and kinda look like spiders, but they are harmless.

13. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    spiders don't really bother me. snakes not too bad either. scorpions, this full figured fella will hurt somebody trying to get outta there. and probably screaming like a woman doing it.

14. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I had rather know a 6 foot rattler was under my bed than a spider. I hate when they get in the woods and all those dern webs.

15. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Just looked them up thats not what they are. It is long (about an inch) with bajillions of legs and 2 anteni at the front. They are about the same color as a house spider (yellowish with green)

16. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I found it its a centipede

Attached Files:

17. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That is one freaky centipede. The ones here are not nearly as frightening lol.

18. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    They could be, you may have just not seen them. Its called a house centipede and from what I read is that they are from California to Ohio maybe everywhere Yuch. Normally you will not see them exept when you turn on the lights in the basement

19. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    Certain types of spiders I dislike Wolf Spiders in particular. Yah come to think of it i dislike anything that can bite you when your not looking. Dont mind ants and honey bees...........What I hate worst are Mantis They are very agressive and come at you if you disturb them. Small snakes are no bother and potentially bait.

20. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Snakes are kinda cool to me ,but Spiders aint cool at all. I hate em. I once saw a tawny brown baby horned toad scurrying across the yard and thought ,My daughter aint ever seen one this small,I quickly scooped it up and when opening my hand saw it wasn't a horned toad at all ,but a HUGE Grass Spider ,I flung that thing and writhed my whole body for about 10 minets jumpin an howlin bout that dang spider,:angry::confused2::sad2::tounge_out::embarassed::eek:oooh: