Spider Wire Super mono

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by bigmaac73, Feb 18, 2007.

1. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    Just got some super mono and put it on a few of my reels before I went out yesterday and will never use that line again. It has tons of memory and is very stiff. I tightened down my brake almost all the way and still kept getting backlashes. I usually use Berkley Big game #20 and love it. Just thought I would try something different. but will never use that line again. Just wanted to let yall know my experience. Anyone got another opinion?

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks Ive allways thought if it aint broke dont fix it

3. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Just try the cajun red line its the best I have ever used.

4. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    Never used the cajun red line before. Part of the reason that I like the big game is because it is limp. How does the red line compare as far as that goes.

5. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    i used big game before and the red is better i think and is does tie a better knot than the BG.

6. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I use the spider wire super mono exclusively on my spinning reels, but I only use 8 and 10 lb. I don't have any experience whatsoever with the larger lb. test super mono. The smaller stuff is extremely strong and casts very well on my reels. I like it more than any other small lb. test line I've ever tried.

I have tried the cajun red before, and I found it to be way too brittle for my needs. I switched to big game and have never had a reason to use anything else on my catfish reels. I've thought about it since, and just like everything else..... it is possible that I bought a bad or old spool of cajun red. Could be darn good line. Once I found the berkley big game solar green 20 lb, there's just no reason for me to use anything else.

7. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    You may have gotten a bad spool didn't no. I do know that I have 40# on all my reels and it will break a 7/0 kahle hook before it breaks the line.

8. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I had the same problem but it wasnt spider super mono. I'm not a big fan of the new trilene maxx. Sorry i just got done putting that on and needed to get it off my chest