Spider Wire Stealth

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by bkhollan, Jun 15, 2006.

1. bkhollan

bkhollan New Member

State:
    Washington, Ind
    I just bought a new abu garcia 6000 reel. Well I went to Wal-Mart to buy some line for it. I put some mono on for a backing not wanting to chance damage to the spool. Well I'm reeling in the line from the SpiderWire Stealth 65lb test I bought. About 3/4 a way through the spool I come to about a 6 inch section that is really thick. It is probably 3-4 times the regular thickness of the line. It has some kind of extra coating. At one end it is attached to the line and will not move, but at the other end i can slide it around. So I know it is not any damage to the line. I have always used spiderwire line and I'm pretty disappointed by this. I emailed the company and showed them these pictures. I hope they will give me a new spool. If not I'll return it to Wal-Mart and never buy spiderwire again. Here are the pictures.
    http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/4687/picture1065tu.jpg
    http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1995/picture1031mk.jpg

2. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    Brandon i think you just got a spool of line that slipped through quality control. If you had good performance with Spider Wire in the past,dont stop using it because one bad spool of line made it through. Now,if they dont do you right,thats a different story.

3. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I agree.That looks like a manufactures splice that should not have been packaged.It may even be stronger than the line.Exchanging should be no problem.please let us know how you make out.peewee-williams

4. bkhollan

bkhollan New Member

State:
    Washington, Ind
    Well I got an email back from the company. I am glad to say they apologized and didn't even ask to see the pictures I had. They just asked for my physical address and were going to send me a spool of line that I had purchased. I checked the email I sent and I only told them I had the 65lb test stealth. So I made sure they wouldn't make the mistake about the line again so I bumped up the yardage from 150 to 300 and to the high-vis (yellow). I'm still going to use the line that they messed up on. So basically I am getting 3 spools for the price of one. Can't beat that. I guess spiderwire has excellent customer service.

5. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    I guess they know that bad news travels faster than good news.

6. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    big companies are like that pretty much...all you have to do is explain and there more than happy to help out.

7. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    also i didnt think spider stealth came in hi vis only moss green. i maybe wrong but i cant find it.. i use power pro yellow. if i could find the stealth i would change.

8. bkhollan

bkhollan New Member

State:
    Washington, Ind
    Yes, they have hi-vis yellow. Check Catfish Connection if you are interested in buying some.