SPIDER WIRE EZ BRAID

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by twisted, Jul 2, 2009.

1. twisted

twisted New Member

just wanted to share some of my experience with this product and see if anyone else has similar results.

1st, iam a huge fan of the spider wire braid and use the spider wire ultra cast and love it.very sensitive and strong.(i wish it casted a bit better and thats why i bought the ez braid)

so when i was out looking for some new line i seen the new ez braid,teflon coated,strong and surperier casting.well thats what they claim....

now this line is slick and cast very far for a braid.that part i loved.the problem i had is it breaks super easy. at 1st i thought it was my knots slipping and in some cases it might of been. i have used the palomar knot as recommend on the box and even tried some other knots with no luck. a couple of times the line broke in hand while tieing a knot.

now im not sure if i got a crap spool that was some how not up to par or if its all like this ? (the ez braid)

2. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    More than likely , you got a bad spool. The 2 setups I have with the spiderwire braid have only been broken at will. Perhaps you should try the
    ultracast braid or stealth.

3. twisted

twisted New Member

i do use the ultra cast. i love that. just wanted to try somehting new and well you know the rest.

4. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    Its a great line for me and I've never had a break with it..I use the 50# test though..:confused2:

5. twisted

twisted New Member

maybe ill give spider wire a call.

6. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    no its crap, its bad, use what you had or power pro, i had it break and it dosent tie well, its not horible but its a ripoff, stick with the old, put up a poll on that you will see its not good hate it, im using it for leaders now but, i tie them with a duel clinch kn ot